Herbalife, worth it or nah?

Options
Just wondering what were people's opinions about herbalife. From my understanding a lot of people gain the weight back after they stop using herbalife products and then some people swear by it (well the people selling it usually) So I just wanted to know people's opinions and if any one knows any facts please share! :)

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Nah.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Nah. Why spend the $ when you can lose weight for free by consuming fewer calories than you burn?
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Its a multi level marketing scam
    Low quality junk products, high cost.

There's no short cuts or quick fixes. If you want something you will have to work for it .

Now you will likely receive 474747 emails from people selling it because you posted a thread about it. Report them because selling weight loss products is against the rules.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    nah
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Save your money.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    It's worth it to the "coaches" selling it
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Snake oil. Designed to make a few folks rich and leave thousands more poorer. Nothing more.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    None of that crap (herbal life, beach body, advocare, *insert any other of that garbage*) is worth the money. Calculate your calorie needs, eat less than that. It's almost like magic.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    I've had two co-workers decide to go through this 'program'. It is a 'rip-off' - In my opinion. It cost them quite a bit with buying into the program (contracted too!) and then there are the products/vitamins that they 'require' you take. While they did lose weight during their participation in the company, soon as they stopped they gained it all back again. I feel sorry for people that get conned into any weight-loss program that pushes having to buy expensive products and the like.

• sandiikat
    sandiikat Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    thanks guys a lot! any advice on calulating calories? I told by a doctor that you just multiply your desired weight by 13. Something tells me that is not accurate.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    sanrocha8 wrote: »
    thanks guys a lot! any advice on calulating calories? I told by a doctor that you just multiply your desired weight by 13. Something tells me that is not accurate.

I really like the advice here for setting calorie goals: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets
  • sandiikat
    sandiikat Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thanks Dianne :)