Negative Adjustments

Options
What are people's feeling on negative adjustments? I got a Garmin Vivofit2 that I synced with MFP.

Is it worth it? I would like all opinions please :)

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Negative adjustments are excellent in letting me know when I'm not moving enough to meet my maintenance burn
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I don't bother, as I set MFP to sedentary they would only be small and I target a fairly low intake to start with. One less variable.
  • erinc5
    erinc5 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I have MFP set to sedentary. In order to get out of the "negative adjustment" range - I only have to walk about 2,500 to 3,000 steps - not much at all. I like the reminder to get up and move. However, calorie wise, the setting doesn't make a huge difference since I am already set at sedentary. When I don't move at all the most that have ever gotten taken away are like 75 calories. I was just sick last weekend and barely moved at all so I noticed this. Usually, I gain calories.

If you have MFP set to anything other than sedentary - like lightly active or something, then I would definitely use negative adjustments so you really will know that you aren't being as active as you said.
  • monicarungood
    monicarungood Posts: 41 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    edit: I think maybe I'm thinking of something totally different, nevermind.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I move around enough that I've never had a negative adjustment actually kick in, but I would certainly want to know if I had a day where I needed them.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    I hated it. I generally eat around 1700 calories per day including exercise calories. When I had negative calories enabled, I woke up with a little over 1200 calories for the day. I couldn't mentally get past that. It threw me off my game first thing in the morning. I can't handle 1200 calories and don't like to starve. Even though I knew I would eventually "earn" the calories needed for the day, I just hated that 1200 staring me in the face. So I turned it off.