Saving cals for weekend drink

Options
2»

Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    First, I read the title of this thread as "saving cats", so I guess I have seen too much animal rescue stuff on FB this morning. lol.

But, I drink vodka and diet coke, and only have a few, and not every weekend, so I don't worry too much about saving calories for it.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone do any of you save any cals for some alcohol at the weekend?

Nope in my personal opinion alcohol is horrible for you. It's responsible for so many deaths, yet the entire world is okay with it because everyone sells it to them.
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I assume that you are in maintenance, since this is the Maintenance Forum. In that case, I see no reason for working in a few drinks into your week. Lots of us do. I enjoy my glass of wine with dinner many nights a week. But those calories add up, so I keep a close eye on my CICO.

It is true that there is no good reason to drink alcohol, so kudos to those who choose not to do so. Wine, however, is one of my little pleasures that I won't drop. We all have our vices. (Just don't over do it. Sorry, I'm a mom...)
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I get plenty of protein and fat for my body to function, enough carbs to give me energy. I lift 2-3 times a week, have roller derby practice 5-8 hrs a week plus games, and go rock climbing twice a week. You better believe I am going to have my wine on the weekend if I want :P Sure food is fuel, but it is also enjoyable. There is no way I am going to go the rest of my life denying myself things that I enjoy, just because they aren't 100% nutritious. Same for cake on my birthday, popcorn at the movies, and potato chips when required. ;)

• robingmurphy
    robingmurphy Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I save calories for a few drinks a week. Nothing wrong with it as long as you are getting enough nutritious food in your diet. I usually space them out throughout the week, though, rather than just the weekend.
  • random255
    random255 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    People on here typically call it "banking" calories. I aim not for a set amount of calories per day, but instead a set amount of calories per week. Every day, I shave off 40 cal here, 120 cal there, so that when Saturday hits I can drink those 5 diet coke and vodkas. Works perfectly well for me.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    How do people log it, when they bank calories?