Over 50, lets make it fun!

Options
13»

Replies

• hagnew0
    hagnew0 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, this looks like a fun place to be. I am 52 and have been here a few weeks, but so far the logging is working. I would love to hear about your couch to 5k experience, I have downloaded the app but feel I hold get a little fitter before I start. Or should I just jump in now? I would welcome more older friends.
  • JennifrClaire
    JennifrClaire Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'll be 51 in a few weeks. I'm enjoying myself on MFP, so far. I recently got past the halfway point to my goal weight and I am at my best weight for decades. I'm keen to see myself fit into my old size 9/10 jeans by June, fingers crossed.
  • Tinymeaf
    Tinymeaf Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey Hagnew0, I would recommend doing some strength training (7 minute workout app is great) twice a week to build a base and to get some low impact work in(elliptical) to build a little aerobic health. You want your knees to be able to handle the impact of running. Set up a run/walk schedule using an app like run trainer. I just started my running this week 2 min walk/3 minute run for 15 minutes.
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Looking for friends over 50 with a positive attitude and a great sense of humour to join me on my wellness journey!

I couldn't agree more that a positive attitude and a great sense of humor is invaluable!

Please feel free to add me (anyone), and best of luck and continued success to each of us in our wellness journey.
  • 1idd
    1idd Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Coming off being a bit under the weather. Just bought a Garmin vivo smart to be more mindful of my activity (or lack of) level. Important part is to focus on even little changes; it is change in lifestyle that will lead to long term success. Embrace every positive change you adopt!
    Any suggestions for the Vivo smart?
  • deborahks
    deborahks Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Over 50 here. The inner voice is my bully. I'm on board to having fun and changing the inner voice into my motivational speaker. I'm looking for new friends - please add me if you are on board with me too.
  • suelouise1
    suelouise1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I loved reading the posts here. I am definitely over 50 (will be 60 this year) and have close to 80 pounds to lose. I would love to add more MFP friends. Feel free to send me a friend request. This is my year to lose weight - I'm determined. I may not be completely at goal at the end of this year, but would like to be close. Let's do this!
  • KalliZiegler
    KalliZiegler Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Looks like this group got off to good start and fizzled.....No posts for while....Time to have FUN again. I am 65 years young and own a real estate firm. After a few medical set backs, the first of the year, I am looking to get back into "wogging" (jogging and speed walking = wogging) to prepare for the Color Run I signed up for happening 28 May. Additionally, I want to lose 25lbs before 1 Sept. I LOVE having fun and traveling. I started a weekly ladies group here in our town and we do adventures every Tuesday evening. the ladies range from 24 to 72, from all walks of life, we include quite a mixture of folks. I can post what we are doing each week to keep you up on how to really have fun. Last Tuesday since it was close to Easter, I planned a Grub & Tub party. (hot tub and pizza). Each lady brought their Easter basket. I made the hunt for their beverages by hiding 19 various bottled beverages all around the yard. They had a blast hunting for their drinks.
  • MindSetBrenda
    MindSetBrenda Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Looking for friends over 50 with a positive attitude and a great sense of humour to join me on my wellness journey!

• MindSetBrenda
    MindSetBrenda Posts: 20 Member
    Options