Tips for making my gym bag lighter?

Options
So i picked up my gym bag the other morning and walked to my car.... so super heavy! Does anyone have any tips for keeping it light? I go to the gym before i head to work in the afternoon so I have to have shower stuff in there too. I have a biggish towel as they are communal showers and im shy!

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    What do you have in there? Maybe buy small refillable bottles for toiletries and fill them from your big packs at home as needed, rather than take full size?

Or just look at it as lifting? :)
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    I use a multi- shower gel - shampoo, conditioner and shower gel in one, it's probably not great for constant use but it does the job. The other trick is a microfibre camping style towel. It's full size, the one I have doesn't feel like microfibre (which can feel odd on the skin), but folks really small and dries quickly. They're not cheap but worth it.

• sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Take some stuff out maybe?
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    Leave your work shoes at work if possible, put those on when you get to work, leave there in the evening. I usually take 4 pairs of shoes to the gym with me. Weird, I know...but I need them all.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Can you rent a locker at your gym? I feel ya though. I packed mine today and then walked for miles and miles around NYC, just to end up not going to the gym. Now I need a massage.
  • Spook_Nuke_Em
    Spook_Nuke_Em Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Take out the 45lb plate :)
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Can you rent a locker at your gym? I feel ya though. I packed mine today and then walked for miles and miles around NYC, just to end up not going to the gym. Now I need a massage.

Y so much cardio?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »

Y so much cardio?

Right? I even quickened my pace when I crossed streets.

The reason I didn't actually go to the gym was because I was supposed to do cardio. :#

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Lift more?
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    lol I was also thinking "get stronger"
  • AgentFlex
    AgentFlex Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    +1 for get stronger!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »

Y so much cardio?

Right? I even quickened my pace when I crossed streets.

The reason I didn't actually go to the gym was because I was supposed to do cardio. :#

Heh
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I got an extra-large microfiber towel of the sort used for hiking. The old one was most of the weight of my bag, and the new one is super-absorbent.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    OP I feel you. I pack my hairdryer in my bag, plus shoes, towel, toiletries, hairbrush, clothes, etc... So it's quite heavy and hurts my shoulder :( unfortunately I need that stuff!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Hole punch. Hole punch everything. When we do ultralight trekking we cut off the parts of the map we don't use, get gear that's made of super expensive alloys and cut out holes out of non essential stuff. Even my spork handle has a cut out. Have the same mentality and life can be much lighter.
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    no idea why a gym bag would need to weigh a ton - use hotel sized products for shower afterward, and only have your shoes, sox, top, pants, set of clean underwear, towel. If you can't lift that easily, you are in need of PT lol.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Microfibre towel
    Sneakers
    Gym wear
    Deodorant
    2 in 1 shampoo
    Comb

What else you need?
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Hole punch. Hole punch everything. When we do ultralight trekking we cut off the parts of the map we don't use, get gear that's made of super expensive alloys and cut out holes out of non essential stuff. Even my spork handle has a cut out. Have the same mentality and life can be much lighter.

I like the term "speed holes", myself.

(take that however you like)
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    What do you have in there that is so heavy?
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Different gym. Mine has toiletries, some hair dryers laying around, towels, private shower stalls, and you can rent lockers