Non-food rewards idea?

Options
Sometimes I feel like I deserve a reward, like when I achieved certain goals (be it work, house chore, and so on). I'm kinda good with controlling sweet craving and only get a small amount of sweets when I absolutely feel like I totally worked for it (like a slice of pie or cake instead of an entire thing of it).

What other rewards do you give yourself?

Replies

• llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Manicures! Pedicures!
  • karlis87
    karlis87 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    New clothes!
    Night out.
    Things for the house.
  • carinox25
    carinox25 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just made a list of 10 things that I intend to reward myself with as I start over. These are specific to me and my interests, but I thought it might help you. My reward list:
    1. A new book
    2. Massage
    3. Art Supplies
    4. New computer game
    5. New album from iTunes
    6. Workout clothes
    7. Workout gear (new yoga mat, socks, etc.)
    8. Non food based date night (painting with a twist, bowling, hiking)
    9. New supplies for the kitchen like a nice fruit bowl that will encourage me to eat more fruit
    10. Groupons for lessons (like paddle boarding or dance lessons)

Hope that gives you some ideas. Good luck to you!
  • lindsayh87
    lindsayh87 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    You are not a dog. You do not need to be rewarded with food - unless it's a glass of wine :)

Some other rewards,
    New outfit (especially cute new workout clothes)
    Bubble bath
    Mani/pedi - even if you don't go to the salon
    Hair cut
    Photoshoot - either new family pics or treat your significant other with some tasteful boudoir photos
    A new workout video or piece of equipment you've wanted to try
    New books/music/magazines
    Cute new waterbottle or coffee mug
    Anything to refresh the way you look and feel, you earned it!
  • mgodfrey0202
    mgodfrey0202 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    karlis87 wrote: »
    New clothes!
    Night out.
    Things for the house.

Since I'm looking for non-money-spending idea, I guess I'll go with a night out with my hubby. :)
    carinox25 wrote: »
    I just made a list of 10 things that I intend to reward myself with as I start over. These are specific to me and my interests, but I thought it might help you. My reward list:
    1. A new book
    2. Massage
    3. Art Supplies
    4. New computer game
    5. New album from iTunes
    6. Workout clothes
    7. Workout gear (new yoga mat, socks, etc.)
    8. Non food based date night (painting with a twist, bowling, hiking)
    9. New supplies for the kitchen like a nice fruit bowl that will encourage me to eat more fruit
    10. Groupons for lessons (like paddle boarding or dance lessons)

Hope that gives you some ideas. Good luck to you!

Good idea! I will make my own list so as to remind myself that I have other options. Thanks!
    lindsayh87 wrote: »
    You are not a dog. You do not need to be rewarded with food - unless it's a glass of wine :)

Some other rewards,
    New outfit (especially cute new workout clothes)
    Bubble bath
    Mani/pedi - even if you don't go to the salon
    Hair cut
    Photoshoot - either new family pics or treat your significant other with some tasteful boudoir photos
    A new workout video or piece of equipment you've wanted to try
    New books/music/magazines
    Cute new waterbottle or coffee mug
    Anything to refresh the way you look and feel, you earned it!

But the treats though! Lol. I believe dogs live much happier lives than us human. Haha.

• tomatosoup3
    tomatosoup3 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    sometimes when i go clothes shopping as a reward, i'm frustrated if i'm the same size as before (like- i've been doing this for x weeks, i should be tiiiiiiny by now!) so i think a good alternative for those times is a new accessory- a pretty scarf, an inexpensive piece of jewelry, etc.

i also reward myself by getting a babysitter and going out without the kids.
  • Reneebycakes
    Reneebycakes Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Look up free or cheap things to do in your area and incorporate those into your evenings out (for instance, our local art museum doesn't charge admission Friday nights). Check out groupon and the like for discounts
  • mgodfrey0202
    mgodfrey0202 Posts: 35 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Thanks for all your suggestions! I'm a freelance translator and having trouble with constructing any structure in my life. So whenever I get to finally clean that gross looking kitchen floor or even just quick vacuum around the apt, I feel like I've achieved a lot that day and get tempted to give myself some sweets. Haha. Practically, getting my *kitten* up to do anything other than work is an achievement. :smiley:
  • tk1dgr1
    tk1dgr1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I give myself permission to watch a tv show, play video/computer games, or read a chapter of my latest book as a reward for doing the things I dread.
  • itsmemaringle
    itsmemaringle Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I bought a huge amount of lush bath bombs.... If I go out for a walk or bike ride and get caught either in the rain or go out when it's already raining I treat myself to a lush soak when I get home :) works for me to stay motivated in the crappy UK weather!