How I feel about weighing 235 lbs at 32 years old

2»

Replies

• schughes48
    schughes48 Posts: 112 Member
    I can give you some advice to lose the weight. I have been using the 21-Day portion cups and staying within 1200 calorie range or less. (I drink vodka at night) I also get on my elliptical everyday for 40-50 minutes. It's very important that you workout as much as you can. As of now I am only doing cardio no weight lifting yet. This is working for me and I am getting great results. I have been doing this for about 3-weeks, I am down 10 lbs.

You have to be dedicated in doing this, and push yourself through it even when you do not want to do it.

I know you can do this and get back to where you want to be. GOOD LUCK.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Just think of it this way. The time is going to pass regardless of whether you do anything or not. So in five years you can still be this same weight or you can be at a normal weight. Either way you'll still be five years older.

• WendyLaubach
    WendyLaubach Posts: 518 Member
    4 lbs in 3 weeks is excellent! Just keep it up!
  • TenaciousTAZ
    TenaciousTAZ Posts: 135 Member
    Change is internal as much as external. Change your thoughts, change your mind. Sounds like you have a great boyfriend who loves the whole you. You have a lot of blessings. I have a torn disc, bad knees, hips, and shoulder, but I am still blessed to hit the gym, even though I'm in pain most days. I know it feels like a prison, I've been at 230 lbs. I lost 80 in 8 mos, but it wasn't the end all to my happiness. There is no magic size or weight. I'm 199 lbs. now due to injuries, but I'm not embarrassed....only reason I want to lose some again is to help lower pain on my joints. Avoiding diabetes, heart problems, etc. is a real good reason to want to get fit.
    Stay strong!
  • xlaurax4201
    xlaurax4201 Posts: 1 Member
    Wow I have twins out there! Lol! I'm 32,currently 235lbs,gained 50lbs during pregnancy (now my kid is almost 2) it's my first time using MFP but I love it!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    You can do it! I was 220lbs 8 weeks after I'd had my second baby, and I got down to 154lbs and a UK size 10. Then I had another baby lol. She's now 20 months and I'm around 166lbs so nearly back in all my old clothes.

In a few weeks logging will be routine, as will exercise.

For me, I couldn't have lost weight without exercise, and having fitness goals as well as weight loss ones makes the process more enjoyable.
  • rwhyte12
    rwhyte12 Posts: 204 Member
    Lots of good suggestions but mostly, the consensus is that you can do it!