Squats?

Options
berquist_k
berquist_k Posts: 4 Member
edited January 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
Effective reps, forms, what are your thoughts. Progress and feedback!
єṿєяʏṭһıṅɢ S͎q͎u͎a͎t͎s͎!!
-ƙɑեíҽ

Replies

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Goblet squats are great for learning the movement.
    As for reps, etc. I recommend following a full resistance program (squats are awesome but get a full routine) and doing what the program prescribes.
  • lizkharvey
    lizkharvey Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Do jump squats and reverse lunges in your squat routine!! Ugh, my butt definitely felt it
  • Jillasmar
    Jillasmar Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    2vaagy1anubs.jpeg
    Compare bottom right with top left!!! Squats are amazing. More reps I've been told to get the blood flowing. Do 100 while you brush your teeth. Do them sumo squats with a dumbell, reg body weight squats, squats on a bosu ball, squats with the weighted bar, squats with weight on bosu ball, lots of squats with little to no weight, little amount of squats with heavy weight, squat on tippy toes with toes facing laterally, squat jumps lots of squat jumps.
    Everyone likes a round booty :)
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Jillasmar wrote: »
    2vaagy1anubs.jpeg
    Compare bottom right with top left!!! Squats are amazing. More reps I've been told to get the blood flowing. Do 100 while you brush your teeth. Do them sumo squats with a dumbell, reg body weight squats, squats on a bosu ball, squats with the weighted bar, squats with weight on bosu ball, lots of squats with little to no weight, little amount of squats with heavy weight, squat on tippy toes with toes facing laterally, squat jumps lots of squat jumps.

Squats change hair color? ;-)
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Um, they're pretty much all effective... any variation at any set/rep interval, as long as they are done with reasonably good form/technique and sufficient weight. A more complete thought with a little context might help us give more meaningful advice.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    2vaagy1anubs.jpeg

#squatbooty for the win!!!
  • JQuinnLife
    JQuinnLife Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Heavy Squats for life

stronglifts.com/squat/
    ^The best guide to learning proper squat technique with heavy weight.

Following StrongLifts 5x5 religiously means I squat heavy 3 times every week. What I can tell you is that it is the single hardest exercise to do mentally, and it is the single most effective.

Ladies: Squatting heavy is sexy
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Nage3000 wrote: »
    Heavy Squats for life

stronglifts.com/squat/

Following StrongLifts 5x5 religiously means I squat heavy 3 times every week. What I can tell you is that it is the single hardest exercise to do mentally, and it is the single most effective.

I do Stronglifts, too. Loving it! But I would say the OHPs are way harder for me than the squats.
  • Jillasmar
    Jillasmar Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    @pondee629 haha I didn't even notice that, but I dyed my hair blonde for a while!
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    @pondee629 haha I didn't even notice that, but I dyed my hair blonde for a while!

Glad you got, and hope you liked, the joke. Nice job.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Heavy Squats for life

stronglifts.com/squat/

I do Stronglifts, too. Loving it! But I would say the OHPs are way harder for me than the squats.

Deadlifts are also harder than squats.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Heavy Squats for life

stronglifts.com/squat/

That's just because the squats haven't gotten heavy enough yet. Give it time.