Need womens running shoe recommendations

Options
2»

Replies

• brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to add that a good running store will do more than just fit you. They'll let you try them out for comfort and most will even let you return them after you've tried them if they just aren't what you were looking for. I'll also add that even specific models can change from year to year so keep an open mind. I was a Brooks Ravenna girl, but then got fitted for a pair of Aasics that ended up fitting me better after the Brooks model changed a bit. Both were supportive with light guidance and correction, but still felt different in ways that I think end up just being personal preference.
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Badger6170 wrote: »
    Bwahaha, sometimes an auto correct is just too funny to edit. Ruining store!

Wallet ruining store ;)

All I have to add is look at boy's shoes too, but they might be too wide. I've got a friend who buys boys cleats for softball on her size 6 feet. Running is totally different though...
  • readymama
    readymama Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Love Brooks and you can get on and see which ones are appropriate by your arch etc.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    myssjaxson wrote: »
    moyer566 wrote: »
    go to your local running store. get fitted. avoid numb toes and doctors visits

Is a running store a place like Foot RX? I'm not sure what anyone means exactly by "Running Store"

it is usually a local place. it seems to be the place where you find running workshops or you can see which running stores sponsor some 5ks
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of the good ol' Nike Air Max, and I recently fell in love with Nike LunarGlide 7s. I have a narrow heel and high arch (but wider forefoot) and these are perfect on my feet.