caffeinated lemon curd

Options
I was dying for something sweet when I got home and didn't really have anything on hand, when I saw the lemons and next thing I knew I was spooning hot lemon curd into a tupperware to chill.

The only redeeming factor(ha.) is that in my sugarlust-fueled trance I made it with caffeinated sugar, and will now definitely not sleep for a while so maybe I'll go run or something?

So as I wait for my lemon curd to chill so I can eat it straight out the fridge with a spoon feeling like Oprah sobbing into a lean cuisine, what's your weirdest or most embarrassing remedy for the dreaded sweet tooth?

Replies

• victoriavoodoo
    victoriavoodoo Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Also if anyone is interested in caffeinated baking sugar, it is found here: http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/1246/?srp=2
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,923 Member
    Options
    Real lemon curd and caffeine..............yeah, that works.:happy:
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    What do you put lemon curd on? I bought some lemon curd from trader joe's and didn't know how to use it. Do you spread it on crackers?
  • victoriavoodoo
    Options
    Real lemon curd and caffeine..............yeah, that works.:happy:
    I thought so. Struggling to give it time to thicken before digging in.

Also logic and reason are kicking in :( maybe I'll limit myself to a spoonful a day. Or maybe not.

When it's in front of me again we'll see what happens.
  • victoriavoodoo
    Options
    What do you put lemon curd on? I bought some lemon curd from trader joe's and didn't know how to use it. Do you spread it on crackers?

If you'd like to put it on something, it's nice on toast or crackers. Or in little tart shells or spooned on fruit.
    I've had it on crackers with brie and honey.

I just put it on a spoon :(

ETA cheesecake. It adds an awesome tartness to say chocolate cheesecake.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options

Spoon into jar, spoon into mouth, repeat. That stuff is ADDICTIVE! One positive is that it has a decent amount of protein from the eggs, haha.
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options

Spoon into jar, spoon into mouth, repeat. That stuff is ADDICTIVE! One positive is that it has a decent amount of protein from the eggs, haha.

Thanks! Truly funny!