Keep gaining weight

Options
2»

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I scan the bar code on the bottle. Is it trustworthy?

Scanning brings up the same user-created database entries that any other search method does. Some of the entries are good, others aren't. Even if you pull up a trustworthy entry, you will still need to weigh your food to ensure that the amount that you're eating matches what you're logging.

If I pull up a reliable entry for a hamburger bun that tells me the average bun is 150 calories (based on the average bun weighing 200 grams), it hurts my accuracy if I log "1 bun" and my bun actually weighs 220 grams.

I'll need to weigh it to ensure that what I'm eating matches the serving size the nutrition label is based on.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary it seems that you have a lot of rounded entries, i.e., 100 grams, 80 grams, 60 grams, etc. That leads me to believe that you may be estimating.

I would recommend tightening up your weighing/logging and then see how it goes. I have personal experience that inaccurate logging can affect weight loss.

As far as alcohol, if you enjoy it and want it, then drink it. Just make sure it fits into your calories.
  • Corneliav529
    Corneliav529 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys you are helping me a lot. One last question. Is my balance percentages between my carbs, fat and protein correctly set?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,922 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Thank you guys you are helping me a lot. One last question. Is my balance percentages between my carbs, fat and protein correctly set?

Macro setttings are personal preference. 40% carbs 30% fat and 30% protein keeps me full. Others like 80:10:10 or 60:20:20.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Are the alcohol a problem? Even if I stay under 1200?

1200 is rock bottom. How much weight do you want to lose?

• Corneliav529
    Options
    8kg
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    8kg

Roughly 17 pounds? You should be set to lose no more than .5 lb/week. Surely this will give you more calories than 1200...?

• Corneliav529
    Options
    1200 is more than enough for me . I'm not very active
  • Rdsgoal16
    Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Are the alcohol a problem? Even if I stay under 1200?

TAKEN FROM A WEBSITE TAKE WITH A GRAIN OF SALT:
    Your body can't store alcohol, so it must metabolize it right away. When you drink alcohol, your body makes metabolizing it a priority over all other metabolic processes. Your body sends alcohol to the liver, which produces the enzymes necessary for the oxidation and metabolism of alcohol.

Not only does alcohol not contain any nutrients of its own, but it can impair your body's ability to absorb nutrients and vitamins from the food you eat. Alcohol irritates your gastrointestinal tract, and can damage your body's ability to absorb nutrients, vitamins and minerals from the food you eat.

Alcohol and Blood Sugar

Maintaining adequate blood sugar levels is one of the key functions of your metabolism, but when you drink alcohol, maintaining healthy blood sugar levels is one of the first elements of metabolism to be shoved aside in your body's rush to excrete the toxins as efficiently as possible. Alcohol inhibits your body's ability to make glucose and to maintain healthy levels of glucose (or blood sugar) in the blood. Over time, heavy drinkers develop glucose intolerance and can even become diabetic.

Even occasional alcohol consumption can cause dangerous drops in blood sugar levels, especially when consumed on an empty stomach. That's why drinking alcohol can be very dangerous for diabetics and hypoglycemics.

Alcohol Can Cause Weight Gain

Because your body can't store alcohol and must metabolize it right away, other metabolic processes suffer. Your body won't metabolize sugars and fats as efficiently during the metabolism of alcohol, and drinking heavily can cause your metabolism to slow.

• Corneliav529
    Options
    I am really not using much but I am now going to drink none for at least 30 days and see how it goes. Thanx