Finally tracking from my computer

Options
klainef
klainef Posts: 29 Member
I've been using the MFP app on my tablet but now that my battery is capoot I'm finally seeing everything MFP has to offer.

I'm a female who turns 29 in three weeks. I've given myself by my 30th birthday to get and stay healthy (grown up age calls for grown up lifestyle choices). I fell off the workout bandwagon a bit a go, but am looking for motivation as I get back on again.

I've had problems with my weight for years, constantly losing 30 pounds, then gaining it right back. I tend to lose motivation with exercise and it's so much fun to just sit and read (or sew, or watch tv...) My other problem is I can't meet the calorie goals. I have no problem getting what I need by food, but as soon as I exercise, my net calories drop too low. I also lose the urge to snack when I workout regularly, so I can't just eat more. Anyone with a suggestion on how to meet my goals would be awesome.

Any one who can cheer me on or give feedback on getting where I should be, please friend me.

Replies

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    If you're having trouble eating enough when you exercise, then calorie dense foods are your friends. Nuts, nut butters, cheese and protein powders are some of my typical choices.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/28482-list-calorie-dense-foods/

If you are losing motivation with exercise, try different exercise. Find something that you enjoy doing so you'll keep doing it for the sheer pleasure of it. I personally always hated running until I did my first race. I became hooked on the atmosphere and the community, so I now run for the enjoyment of it and am constantly looking forward to my next race.