Magnesium and Protein

Options
Which foods are high in magnesium? I tried googling it, but I got some conflicting info so I'm not sure what to believe.

Also, I need some "breakfast protein" options other than eggs, whey and soy. They give me horrible stomach cramps. The whey however, only seems to do this when it's in protein shakes, even with additives to help digestion. Idk why. I can tolerate other milk products just fine.

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Yogurt and cottage cheese.
  • Back2Biz
    Back2Biz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I don't do any dairy. I make a smoothie every morning and add a teaspoon of Moringa Powder and a teaspoon of Chlorella Powder. Both contain magnesium. I would recommend Chlorella for you because of your digestive issues. I buy it online at Nuts.com - inexpensive and lasts forever!

Found this online: "The vitamins and minerals in chlorella are plentiful. It is rich in vitamins A, C, E, and K, and is one of the few whole food sources of vitamin D. Chlorella has the complete vitamin B complex with more B-12 than liver by weight. Beta carotene and lutein, two carotenoids with a wealth of disease fighting benefits, are found in abundance.

Chlorella contains 58% highly digestible complete vegetarian protein. Zinc, iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium, rare trace minerals, essential fatty acids including gamma linolenic acid (GLA), and polysaccharides are found in chlorella. One of the ways chlorella eases digestion is through its broad spectrum of enzymes that includes pepsin."

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    You can eat anything for breakfast. The foods you tolerate well for lunch and dinner: try eating them for breakfast. I often have leftovers for breakfast.
  • beatyfamily1
    beatyfamily1 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I know hemp milk has 25% magnesium and 3 grams of protein. I give it to my autistic son to help calm him down.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Skim milk. Protein, magnesium, and potassium.
    Look at the ingredient label in your protein powder. Does it contain carrageenan? You could be allergic to this additive.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    You can eat anything for breakfast. The foods you tolerate well for lunch and dinner: try eating them for breakfast. I often have leftovers for breakfast.

This.

you can eat whatever works for you for breakfast, it doesn't have to be "breakfast" food. a girl in one of the groups I'm in just made raspberry almond cheesecake cupcakes she is going to have for breakfasts. mix it up!
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Yep - never eat soy. Very bad. Stick with NOW Sports Natural Unflavored Whey Isolate. You'll be fine!