Chinese Take out

Options
Husband wants for dinner. What do you normally order?

Replies

• ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Um, avoid if at all possible. What isn't deep fried and coated in sugary sauce it usually still loaded with oil.

But if you have too then stick with something at least not fried/sugary, like almond chicken or broccoli beef. Steamed rice if any, no egg roll/crab rangoon.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    kung pow chicken, prawn fried rice, chicken chow mein... Although that's my bulking cheat meal lol.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Eat plenty of steamed veggies- then have small serving of meat-
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Honestly I can think of 1000 things I'd rather eat, so I'd make myself something else at home... maybe get some Wonton soup.
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    steamed chicken and broccoli with sauce on the side. Its actually one of the tastier things on the menu!
  • mrsnazario1219
    mrsnazario1219 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I usually have a steamed shrimp with mixed veggies, sauce on the side. White or brown rice, whichever I'm in the mood for. Or I'll have small shrimp or beef with broccoli, white or brown rice.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Do YOU want it? My rule is I only eat what I really want and love. So, find a good option that you love or make something at home. Never let someone else make those choices for you.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,144 Member
    Options
    Easy: we don't eat chinese (neither of us like it too much), and we never ever have/order take out food
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Steamed chicken and steamed vegetables. No white rice.
    They charge extra for brown rice so I just cook my own at home.
  • Jbell0213
    Jbell0213 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Honestly I can think of 1000 things I'd rather eat, so I'd make myself something else at home... maybe get some Wonton soup.

I love the wonton soup. Its not too bad
    Do YOU want it? My rule is I only eat what I really want and love. So, find a good option that you love or make something at home. Never let someone else make those choices for you.

Yeah of course I want it, but I want to make a good choice I won't regret later☺
  • AmandaYoka
    AmandaYoka Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Steamed chicken and steamed vegetables. No white rice.
    They charge extra for brown rice so I just cook my own at home.
    Great idea! My Husband loves Chinese food. perhaps next time he wants to go to the buffet, I'll just order off the regular menu.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Shrimp fried rice, general tso's chicken, shrimp egg foo yung, shrimp w/lobster sauce. Even if I go over my calorie goal this is what I eat.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I order my spicy sesame chicken with either less white rice or none at all and ask them to give me more broccoli instead.

I eat only half the chicken and take the rest for the next day or split it into 2 more portions and freeze it. The frozen can be mixed with more plain chicken or veggies for the same flavor and less calories.

I barely eat Chinese take out so a calorie wallop from time to time is no big deal.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Shrimp fried rice, general tso's chicken, shrimp egg foo yung, shrimp w/lobster sauce. Even if I go over my calorie goal this is what I eat.

You are awesome.
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Yikes, the few times that I do Chinese, I just go for it, no more than once per month.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options

You are awesome.

LOL It's a good thing I don't eat chinese food that much, if I did I'd never lose weight. I look at it as a treat and I'm going to eat the foods that I like. Yeah, it'll make me retain water like crazy and probably make the scale go up a lb or 2 but I know that the gain would only be temporary.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    My usual is General Tso's chicken with fried rice and either a shrimp egg roll or crab rangoons. I also love the egg drop soup which is pretty low cal and one place I like also has a delicious calamari appetizer which isn't bad on calories.
  • starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    the beef and broccoli is actually a pretty "cheap" meal that fits into most any day. Of course the sodium is pretty high but I suffer through the water retention when I am in the mood :)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    ilex70 wrote: »
    Um, avoid if at all possible. What isn't deep fried and coated in sugary sauce it usually still loaded with oil.

ive lost plenty eating chinese take out LOL

get what you like and make it work with your calories for the day. get in an extra workout today or tomorrow if you need to.

dont sweat it.

and im partial to sesame chicken :P
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Egg foo young, fried rice and crab rangoon for dinner tonight.

Had chinese takeout at least once a week during weight loss. Had what I liked, spare ribs, chicken, shrimp and beef in garlic sauce, anything in black bean sauce. It's all about moderation, planning and fitting within my calories.