10 Pounds Down!

Options
unckate7
unckate7 Posts: 22 Member
So I hit the 10 pound loss mark this week1 I still have 15 to go, but this was the point where I felt that, hey, this is actually sort of working. I’m only 5 ft, and the first ten pounds took so much longer to lose than anticipated (seriously, since like August). And the first few pounds didn’t even seem like real weight loss because I could never tell if I was just fluctuating, or if one big meal this weekend was going to put me back up to my starting weight. But now, I can actually say that I’ve “lost weight.”

I have to be ok with it taking longer. Even if it takes the same amount of time to lose the next 10, I’ll be at a healthy weight by summer.

And the good thing is that now, I get new milestones. Earlier in 2015, I wasn’t really paying much attention to my weight. I knew over the past couple of years I had put on weight, but I thought it was just about 10 pounds. My good weight is 123, but I still looked good and felt good at 128. So I knew I had gotten up to the high 130s, and that I needed to take that off. But when I stepped on the scale for the first time in a while in 2015, I saw 149 staring at me. It was so demoralizing, thinking you only have 10-15 pounds to lose and realize that you have 25.

But now, I’m down to 139, the weight I thought I was at to begin with. Which means that everything seems more attainable. The past few months, I was losing to get back down to my “original overweight weight.” Now, I can actually start feeling like I’m making progress. Once I hit 135, I’ll be the lowest weight I’ve been in 2+ years. And only 10 more pounds until I’m in a healthy weight range.

Things I’ve learned through this so far:
-Every pound counts. All you have to do is lose a pound, and then repeat.
-Some people don’t lose the initial water weight to jumpstart their weight loss. It took so long to lose the first pound. Don’t give up.
-I was really jealous of people who consistently lose 1 pound per week. I think I’ve averaged .3-.5 pounds per week. All I can say is, every tenth of a pound adds up. Do I wish I were at my final goal now? Of course. But am I glad I started when I did? Absolutely. If I hadn’t started, I wouldn’t be ten pounds down now.
-Everything is CICO. I spent probably two years saying that I needed to lose weight, and “tried” everything. I worked out more. I tried to eat “more sensibly.” I ate only nonprocessed/clean foods for a month. If I had only just tracked my food and made sure I was in a deficit in the first place, everything would have been so much easier.

Replies

• Imomw2016
    Imomw2016 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Wow - if I didn't know better, I would think I wrote this myself! I'm going through everything you have gone through!

Congratulations on your first 10 lbs, and please feel free to add me as a friend!
    Hillary
  • grace42d
    grace42d Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Excellent! It took me 4 months to lose my first 12. Us shorter folk have to use a digital scale so we can see progress at the .2 pounds. Great job!
  • SapanPan
    SapanPan Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Excellent words :-)
  • Starman02
    Starman02 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Great job! I loved reading your post!
    Keep doing what your doing! And congratulations on the 10 pound loss!! That is a huge accomplishment :)
  • 33Chief
    33Chief Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    10 pounds is a big deal. I know for me that is a full pant size of loss. Keep it up!
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    Excellent!!! Keep up the great work!
  • smileytree222
    smileytree222 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Good job
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Great post -- thank you, and congratulations!!
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    That is so wonderful- good job!
  • rockingsteph
    rockingsteph Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Pretty cool, I'm where you were 10 pounds ago. I'm 4"11. Being a lady and being short seem to make it all that harder! I'm excited to lose it all, but sad that I got to this point. Life happens when you're busy making plans!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!