Any one complete BODY BEAST

Options
Hey everyone im new to mfp for about a week now :). Anyways i was wondering if anyone here has completed body beast, right now im doing les mills combat and have lost a lot of weight in the past year and a half and think its time to start adding muscle. I would like to know if the program was successful for you? What were some challenges you faced? Any tips to get the most out of it? I plan to do the lean schedule my first round and then the bulk a second round. Oh and whats the major difference between the two schedules. Right now im 153lbs at 5'7" would like to get down to 10 bf% and get really strong and not super huge. Thanks for your time :)

Replies

• Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    yes and no, it got me into using weights more, but I stopped halfway through the program because of a tendinitis.
    I started my own routine after that, because I found they were to fast in the videos and you need to pause constantly when changing weights, good way to injure yourself.
    Overall not as good as P90X/X2/Asylum/combat.
  • NCMoonshine
    Options
    Hey everyone im new to mfp for about a week now :). Anyways i was wondering if anyone here has completed body beast, right now im doing les mills combat and have lost a lot of weight in the past year and a half and think its time to start adding muscle. I would like to know if the program was successful for you? What were some challenges you faced? Any tips to get the most out of it? I plan to do the lean schedule my first round and then the bulk a second round. Oh and whats the major difference between the two schedules. Right now im 153lbs at 5'7" would like to get down to 10 bf% and get really strong and not super huge. Thanks for your time :)
    I've got about 6 weeks left in BodyBeast and I'm really enjoying it. I've done P90X in the past and it was great but this is definitely different. Very little cardio, which makes me happy! One challenge was getting all the gear that you need and finding a place for all of it. The other challenge is eating enough food to actually gain mass. I'm at 3100 clean calories/day and still not gaining like I want to. Not sure about the differences between "lean" and "huge" but if you're doing body beast might as well go for huge! There are plenty of other programs that will get you strong and lean. Just my opinion. Good luck with whatever you decide.
  • jeromykaplan
    jeromykaplan Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I've got about 6 weeks left in BodyBeast and I'm really enjoying it. I've done P90X in the past and it was great but this is definitely different. Very little cardio, which makes me happy! One challenge was getting all the gear that you need and finding a place for all of it. The other challenge is eating enough food to actually gain mass. I'm at 3100 clean calories/day and still not gaining like I want to. Not sure about the differences between "lean" and "huge" but if you're doing body beast might as well go for huge! There are plenty of other programs that will get you strong and lean. Just my opinion. Good luck with whatever you decide.
    Thanks bro, i did p90x before and didnt see huge gains but i lost some weight anyway i have powerblocks and want to get a stability ball so equipment wont be an issue but food is the only thing i need to plan better, thanks man good luck with your final 6 weeks