Hello, It's Me

Options
Hello Everyone!

Let me tell you a quick story. The year was 2010. A girl named "TaylorFriedChicken" was sick of the extra weight she had on her and decided to start a weight loss journey during her Sophomore year of college. To say she took drastic measures would be an understatement. After 30 days of working out like crazy and eating "healthy" but not a lot of calories, she weighed 20 pounds less! She saw the results she wanted but she didn't realize how much she was torturing her body and setting herself up for disaster. After keeping up with this crazy routine for 4 months, TaylorFriedChicken went from 190 pounds to 145 (size 14 to a size 6). But she couldn't stay there for too long. Over the years she started gaining weight and actually eating again and was content with a happy 165 pounds and size 10. That was until 2012 when TaylorFriedChicken's friend passed away and drew Taylor into a deep depression. She no longer went to the gym (or even for a walk). She no longer ate what was healthy and instead ate what was convenient and would fill a void. She gained weight. She's back to where she was if not more (doesn't know exactly because refuses to use a scale since it played a huge part in her eating under her caloric limit).

But here she is again, restarting. Not doing a quick fix. Not to be 145 pounds again. She doesn't even care if she stays at a size 14. She just wants to be in better shape where walking up stairs doesn't take the wind out of her. She is here to eat clean but eat at least the minimum. Working out will be a priority but instead of 3 workouts a day, she is determined to at least get 30 minutes of activity a day whether it be hardcore circuit training or a light stroll around the neighborhood. TaylorFriedChicken is happy with who she is now, but she is ready to be even better.

It's so cheesy but I am ready to make a lifestyle change and not just a quick fix. It's going to stick this time. Join me!

- TaylorFriedChicken

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Love the story! I'd love to hear more about your journey. Please add me!