Increasing Daily Steps

Options
I have a desk job, and I don't always have time to take a lunch. I am currently getting 4,000 steps a day, and some days I have to get on the treadmill to reach that amount. Have any of you with desk jobs successfully increased your daily steps? How did you do it? I don't know if 10k is reasonable for me right now, but I would love to work up to 6k to start.

Replies

• Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I'm working on it now. I've been fairly successful so far these past couple of months.
    I walk during part of my lunch break, and I could get even more if I took the two ten minute breaks offered each day, but I don't break that often. Also just by doing things like taking longer routes around the office or warehouse, parking super far from stores in parking lots, and of course there's my morning jog/walk.
    Right now I'm averaging over 7,000 steps a day where I used to average 2,000-3,000. A little effort goes a long way.
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Have you tried marching in place? You can make a game out of it and do everyother phone call.
    Stay positive and you'll reach your goal.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Is walking before or after work legal where you live?
  • MamaMc3
    MamaMc3 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    Is walking before or after work legal where you live?

Lol, yes. I was looking for ideas to increase my steps during the day. I am already getting most of my steps from the treadmill in the evening.