I suffer from a chronic illness but am and want to continue to lose weight! Friends?

Options
mynameisbobbielynn
mynameisbobbielynn Posts: 24 Member
edited January 2016 in Motivation and Support
I have fibromygia, lupus and heart disease so some days it's hard for me to get out of bed much less workout! I do , however, eat right and want to continue my weight loss journey. Anyone in the same boat? Add me!

Replies

• Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I have fibromygia, lupus and heart disease so some days it's hard for me to get out of bed much less workout! I do , however, eat right and want to continue my weight loss journey. Anyone in the same boat?

I have fibro and POTS/Dysautonomia and I had an ablation right before Thanksgiving for dual node AVNRT. I can't do anything with strength training. Weights really trigger the fibro, however walking does not. So do what I did: start slow until you're comfortable and see how it affects you. If it's too much, then try something else. Maybe gentle yoga.

I also suffer from fatigue. It was worse when I was inactive and I feel a lot more energized now that I have more stamina as I've been walking for months now.
  • mynameisbobbielynn
    Options
    I have fibromygia, lupus and heart disease so some days it's hard for me to get out of bed much less workout! I do , however, eat right and want to continue my weight loss journey. Anyone in the same boat?

I have fibro and POTS/Dysautonomia and I had an ablation right before Thanksgiving for dual node AVNRT. I can't do anything with strength training. Weights really trigger the fibro, however walking does not. So do what I did: start slow until you're comfortable and see how it affects you. If it's too much, then try something else. Maybe gentle yoga.

• mynameisbobbielynn
    Options
    Thank you for your comment and when I get back up to a point I will do more
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I have fibro and a whole host of other, more serious, diseases. I've lost more than 90 pounds.

TRACK everything. I've been doing that for several years and have noticed some patterns that have helped me to deal with some of my chronic health issues.

I am able to exercise now, but I was bedridden for a long time. I've discovered that the ideal range for me in terms of reducing fibro flares is 1-2 hours of activity per day. Inactivity=constant pain, and more than two hours of activity can lead to a bad flare. Heat, cold and stress are also challenges. Another thing that seems to help is alternating high-impact activities with low-impact ones like swimming.

Good luck to you!