Taurine(all max)
    Beta alanine(all max)
    Betaine(SD pharmaceuticals)
    Men's multivitamin(Kirkland)
    ZMA(Precision)
    Whey protein concentrate(Protein world)
    Casein(Optinum Nutrition)
    BCAA(any brand that has good ratios)

These are all supplements that I have tried and enjoyed. The main thing to remember is their name, "supplements" they are meant to supplement your diet consisting of nutritionally dense whole foods. Whey protein, fish oil, and multis will always be part of my diet, purely because of their benefits.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i take women multivitamin and then a supplement for hair/skin/nails (which for me does actually work lol). My doc advised me to take a calcium supplement as well but i keep forgetting to grab one.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Food, and vitamin D in the winter because we don't get enough sun here. That's it.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Vitamin D only. My endocrinologist has been involved in finding connections between vitamin D and diabetes (current research suggests vitamin D deficiency being positively correlated with type 1 diabetes and other autoimmune diseases), and she had my levels tested a few months after my type 1 diabetes diagnosis. As suspected, I was severely deficient, and I'm now taking the supplement to maintain my current vitamin D levels.
  • angmilla1977
    angmilla1977 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    :D:D
    Birth control is the only thing I take to help improve my well being

• space_case
    space_case Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    a women's multi and fish oil. I sometimes make oatmeal or muffins with whey but not daily.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    My preferred supplement is ice cream. Typically vanilla.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Fish oil (I eat exactly zero fish, lol), 2,000iu vit D in the winter (I get exactly zero sun exposure in winter, even in sunny Las Vegas), iron, and calcium. Not all at the same time, and not even all every day. And the minerals only when my intake from food is low for the day. Oh, and all doctor ordered/recommended.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    None...eat a very balanced diet. My issue had always been too much of a good thing and the occasional bag of chips :-)

Now that being said, I have added a Cliffs Builder Bar after the gym...just to get some calories and a little additional protein.
  • Vsandoval2404
    Vsandoval2404 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Right now im looking to find a supplement.. I'm on a low carb low sugar but high fat and medium protein diet.. but I'm losing alot of electrolytes... so I'm feel jittery and heart racing at times.. like dehydration. I'm drinking water but I think o need more potassium idk.. but on a good note I lost 3 lbs this week..
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Right now im looking to find a supplement.. I'm on a low carb low sugar but high fat and medium protein diet.. but I'm losing alot of electrolytes... so I'm feel jittery and heart racing at times.. like dehydration. I'm drinking water but I think o need more potassium idk.. but on a good note I lost 3 lbs this week..

I apologize if I sound rude/blunt, but please consider seeing a doctor about this. It's better to get everything checked out than assume it is a vitamin/mineral deficiency (or dehydration) when it's something a lot more serious.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Evening Primrose Oil
    Collagen
    Fish oil
    Multi vitamin
    Magnesium

@violetaborja other than seeing doctor which would be prudent. Did you start supplementing with Magnesium and up your salt when you started low carb??
  • Vsandoval2404
    Options
    abatonfan wrote: »

I apologize if I sound rude/blunt, but please consider seeing a doctor about this. It's better to get everything checked out than assume it is a vitamin/mineral deficiency (or dehydration) when it's something a lot more serious.

Thank you.. I'll ask the HM's on tuesday..I get to use military doctors and they may just tell me to hydrate more lol but it isn't all the time.. probably had it about 3 times this week.. I still feel more energetic and alert..
  • Vsandoval2404
    Options
    Evening Primrose Oil
    Collagen
    Fish oil
    Multi vitamin
    Magnesium

@violetaborja other than seeing doctor which would be prudent. Did you start supplementing with Magnesium and up your salt when you started low carb??

Thanks! Yea I should've planned better.. I'm trying to find more veggies and foods that have higher potassium and sodium and magnesium.. like today I ate avocado to help increase and am paying more attention to that.. I usually didn't like salty food but I started adding more today which now makes my food salty.. I might just drink some.. and today don't really have it.. just in the am after my workout but before I ate
  • V_Keto_V
    V_Keto_V Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I-caps (MVI + Zeaxanthin + Lutein), Omega 3-FAs, Biotin, & Melatonin (as needed, more so in the summer).
    Currently experimenting with Ubiquinol
    Might throw Beta Alanine back in if I can muster up the courage to gain tolerance to the transient paresthesias
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Birth control. iron supplement, whey protein, and vitamin d in the winter. 3 out of 4 are doctor prescribed and the fourth is because I don't always eat enough meat to hit my protein macro.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Whey protein
    Hemp protein
    Collagen
    Vitamin D
    Fish Oil
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    As a post-bariatric patient I am on vitamins for life. Besides a multivitamin I take extra Folic Acid, Iron, vitamin D, B vitamins and Calcium. But unless you are specifically deficient, this regimen won't be much help for you.

Pretty well everyone in the northern hemisphere is vitamin D deficient, so you could take that.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    So if you take whey protein you don't need BCAA's? I see some people here taking both.