Fatigue

Options
I have been sticking to 1200 calories a day the past two weeks and I'm tired all the time. Could this mean I have to up my calorie intake or is it unrelated?

Replies

• kmash32
    kmash32 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    It could be, I know it did for me. I eat around 1500 a day and have lots of energy now. If you are exercising are you eating any of it back?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    tiffanyyro wrote: »
    I have been sticking to 1200 calories a day the past two weeks and I'm tired all the time. Could this mean I have to up my calorie intake or is it unrelated?

It's possible. It is hard to answer without knowing more information.
    What is your weight loss goal set at?
    How much do you ahve to lose?
    Are you exercising?
    Are you logging that exercise and eating some of those calories?
    How long have you been experiencing fatigue?
    Are the other possibilities?
  • prncsstff
    prncsstff Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    tiffanyyro wrote: »

It's possible. It is hard to answer without knowing more information.
    What is your weight loss goal set at?
    Are you exercising?
    Are you logging that exercise and eating some of those calories?
    How long have you been experiencing fatigue?
    Are the other possibilities?
    I don't go out of my way to exercise but I do end up walking around three miles a day just by walking to school. MFP automatically counts my steps and I'll eat back some of the calories on some days but I'm worried it's overestimating how many calories I've actually burned so I try not to. I was thinking I could just be tired since this is only my second week back in university after a long break but I've been taking naps everyday which isn't normal for me.
  • kmash32
    kmash32 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    If it continues I would get checked out. I was having this problem last year and it turned out my thyroid Meds were out of whack but the biggest culprit was my ferritin levels. My iron was on the low side but not bad but my ferritin which helps your body absorb iron was ridiculously low. I started taking a supplement and feel a hundred times better.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    What are your stats? You could be eating too little. I definitely have a difference in my energy when I eat too little.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    If you are aiming for 2 lbs a week try dropping to 1 lbs. if you are aiming for 1 lbs a week drop it to .5 lbs.

Review what you are eating and go for the most nutritious food you can. Protein is your first priority then fats and carbs as filler to meet your calorie goal. Check your micros. MFP doesn't show the full flight, but it should give you an idea if you are getting at least the minimum amount of vitamins and minerals.

Do eat back 50-75% of any exercise calories.

Do you have a particular heavy TOM? It may be worth getting blood tests done.

If after eating at a higher goal for a month you don't have more energy go to the doctor.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to go for a general check-up anyway as you are trying to lose weight and feeling tired as a consequence of that and a new daily routine.

Cheers, h.