Knowledge is power.... And a OOPS

Options
Having the app store the foods and beverages I have consumed is very handy and helps me plan my day. But things don't always go as planned. While grocery shopping I thought a small Mike's strawberry lemonade would be nice after a long work week. That's my oops. I should have known even a small one would have ALOT of empty calories. So now I know for next time and I can plan accordingly. Have you ever checked after eating or drinking something and said oops? Still no regrets. Not gonna beat myself up because now I know. :-)

Replies

• besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    the other day i opened a bag of Trader Joe's butterscotch shortbread cookies while in line, looked at the calorie count, 6 cookies for 130 calories, (they were small cookies obvs) approx 6 servings in the bag. proceeded to finish off the bag in the car. oops.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Use the app to scan the bar code in the grocery store.
  • paulandrachelk
    paulandrachelk Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Lots
  • Kittyglo145
    Kittyglo145 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    Use the app to scan the bar code in the grocery store.

I use to do that using another app. Thanks for the reminder. :-)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    Options
    im in the habit of looking at calories before i buy much of anything so.... i cant say ive had any 'ooops' in that regard. i have had a lot of times where i was going to buy something and then looked at it and made the decision on whether or not i REALLY wanted it lolol
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Typically it's those special rolls at the restaurant (like Red Lobster or Texas Roadhouse). I usually look at calories ahead and plan my meals and forget about those... so I have one, then I go to log it and realize they're like 260 calories each. Ouch.

Usually though it's more a case of not realizing how much calories add up. Like when I'm making crepes or a sandwich, write down all the toppings as I weigh them, and I realize that I ate close to 900 calories after I log it....