Protein shakea

Options
I'm considering adding a protein shake to my daily diet to help bump up my protein intake and to help meet my calorie goal (I'm coming in 300-500 short each day). Any suggestions on brands to try?

Replies

• DiviturLabimur
    DiviturLabimur Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I've been looking into this myself. And from everyone I've talked with, Optimum Nutrition Whey Gold Standard seems to be a good one. You can get them as small as 1 lb. bags at Amazon for $15. They have several flavors to choose from. I will probably be getting some this weekend.
  • smileytree222
    smileytree222 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition is excellent. I used it for a while but found out BodyTech Whey Tech from Vitamin Shoppe has the same ingredients and profile as ON and in fact was made by ON for VS until recently. The only difference is BodyTech is less expensive. So you might want to look into that if you have a Vitamin Shoppe nearby.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    First, you're considering this for the right reasons (many think that adding a protein shake will somehow cause weight loss by some kind of magic). So good for you.

I like Optimum Nutrition. It dissolves well, isn't grainy, tastes awesome with milk (all brands are gross with water), comes in several great flavors and has a solid profile.
  • smileytree222
    smileytree222 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you @Carlos_421
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Thank you @Carlos_421

No prob!
  • MyBoyG
    MyBoyG Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I make fruit smoothies and add one scoop of chocolate protein powder from Arbonne.
  • chastity0921
    chastity0921 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I bought a vegetarian one today. I think I will add it to my breakfast smoothie of FairLife chocolate milk and Krema peanut butter. My problem isn't the calories, it is getting enough protein as a vegetarian. There are only so many beans, lentils, and tofu dishes you can eat without going way over on fat and carbs! I found one with a crazy amount of fiber.
  • Josh_lol
    Josh_lol Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I use MyProtein. Seems to be a pretty good quality brand.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Try a protein bar first from your local store. You might not be able to tolerate protein "taste" if you are not used to it.
  • matteaton85
    matteaton85 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for something that tastes genuinely amazing I cannot recommend Mutant highly enough. Their peanut butter chocolate shakes are the best I've ever had. I swear they don't pay me to say that (but maybe they should!)

Find them here.