Calories Bake Potato

Options
I apologise if this has been brought up. I did a search and couldn't find my answer. I have a bag of potatoes that read 5.3oz is 110 calories. Now if I take one potato, cut it up into fries, and bake them....does this lesson the calories? When I take that baked potato out of the oven, the weight becomes less. Can I track my portion 5.3 oz of COOKED potatoes or should I weigh it before I cook?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    uncooked
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    The calories are the same whether they are cooked or raw. The water weight will change, so weigh all foods raw.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    you weigh how much you will eat (raw).

then cook it

dont forget to weigh any oils and seasonings you use, also.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    If you make more that one serving, you can use a 'potato cooked' entry, otherwise raw is more accurate.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Do not eat white potatoes.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options

Don't listen to this. There's nothing wrong with white potatoes, and no reason to not eat them if you like them.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

are you saying you dont eat white potatoes? or telling her not to eat them? and if the latter why?
  • honeyhiker
    honeyhiker Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Potatoes are good for you if you don't use butter, etc. Top them with other great stuff!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    honeyhiker wrote: »
    Potatoes are good for you if you don't use butter, etc. Top them with other great stuff!

butter is not bad for you unless you have a health issue that prevents you from eating it.
  • jgaffney86
    jgaffney86 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Yeah...I have seen the cooked entry. I like to cook my fries pretty crispy also which would make it way even less. Kinda gets me nervous using the cooked entry as the weight might be more...