Poor advice given by a friend's friend - what would you do?

Options
So browsing through your newsfeed, you see one your friends ask for advice from all and someone from their friend list is giving really poor advice based on diet mythology from over the years.

What do you do? Jump in to correct, pass by with a sigh, something else?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    oolou wrote: »
    So browsing through your newsfeed, you see one your friends ask for advice from all and someone from their friend list is giving really poor advice based on diet mythology from over the years.

PM them
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I give my 2 cents on that post. I remember that I once used to give horrible advice. Seeing others advice made me start looking at whether I was correct or not, which changed my mind about lots of things. You can't save everyone, but you can openly share your opinion. Who knows, maybe there's some misinformation that you share as well. I know I'm still learning years after my success. :)
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Presumably the friend wanted input from as many people on their friends list as possible, so I contribute mine
  • FeebRyan
    FeebRyan Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Absolutely contribute, not in retaliation of their posts but just as you answering the question unconnected :-)
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    To paraphrase "crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear their lamentations!"

Or you can just explain why some advice is bad.
  • daross16
    daross16 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    oolou wrote: »

Just insert a GIF. They'll get the idea.