Need advice in building up

Options
I'm regular at the gym over the last year I spent a lot of time keeping fit mainly Cardio due to my motorbike racing. This year I want to bulk up/tone up and generally look good for summer! What do I need to be doing to get good gains. I eat well and have been following mfp daily record eating around 2300 calories and meeting my carb/protein/fat goals with most days fewer cars and fat but more protein. I'm eating good foods eggs, tuna, chicken I've cut out bread, sweets, chocolate and beer. Any help be great thanks

Replies

• jennjenn760
    jennjenn760 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert but if your bulking up there's no need to cut bread out you need carbs. And you can still have beer and treats once in awhile.. It's bulking.. You should be enjoying foods you like. And drop the cardio.. You need to be doing heavy lifting. Check out bodybuilding.com they have tons of programs. How much protein are you eating? I noticed that a lot of people up their protein and actually protein can be lowered during a bulk.. You want your carbs to be higher anywhere from 40-50%. Then again I've also heard that as long as your in a surplus then macros don't necessarily matter. You just find what works for you... There's no wrong or right way.. Everyone is different.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Have you ever lifted? Generally, you want a surplus of calories, roughly. 8g of protein per lb of weight, and a little higher carb.

A structured lifting program is a must but your ability will determine our suggestion.
  • HeathCothren51
    HeathCothren51 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/catcommand.htm. Read this it will give you a great idea of what you should be eating !
  • HeathCothren51
    HeathCothren51 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/teen-nathan15.htm here is a good start for a decent bulk before summer
  • jkent675
    jkent675 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If I wasn't bulking and just trying to get toned would what I'm doing work along with the 5 lifting days in the gym
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Did you read this Bulking For Beginners thread? Lots of helpful suggestions in there, pretty much lays it all out for you.