recipe builders are pointless to me

Options
2»

Replies

• FitGirl0123
    FitGirl0123 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I just edit the entry in the recipe builder with the new brand or ingredient.

This. When it actually works...

+1
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    Yea I used a recipe off a low carb website.. it said you'd end up with 3-4g net carbs.. but it is coming to 37 g!!! So now my chart looks crazy.. It says I'm at 25% carbs but I need to be around 5-8% which makes it difficult to plan my daily meal plan grrrr..

Does the recipe have 33 to 34 g of fiber? Although that does seem somewhat unlikely - do you have the link to the recipe?

yeah, odds are it was a high fibre recipe @violetaborja . I make a chia pudding with 19g carbs and 18g fibre, it works out to 1 net carb

• Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    amyk0202 wrote: »
    I just edit the entry in the recipe builder with the new brand or ingredient.

I do this as well. Most of the time it's just the exact amount of meat that changes for me.

Me too. I use the old recipe builder, never the one that requires an URL because I don't follow recipes as written. I would be lost without the recipe builder because I make stews, soups and other dishes for 4 or 6 servings and I freeze them. Entering every item in the food diary would be a very inaccurate nightmare.
  • Vsandoval2404
    Vsandoval2404 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    Yea I used a recipe off a low carb website.. it said you'd end up with 3-4g net carbs.. but it is coming to 37 g!!! So now my chart looks crazy.. It says I'm at 25% carbs but I need to be around 5-8% which makes it difficult to plan my daily meal plan grrrr..

Does the recipe have 33 to 34 g of fiber? Although that does seem somewhat unlikely - do you have the link to the recipe?

http://www.ruled.me/cinnamon-orange-beef-stew/
    That's the recipe.. I didn't add the fish sauce because I forgot to get that ingredient and used 1 cup of beef broth low sodium
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I tend to put a date on my recipe title so I know for leftovers, and then recreate the recipe when I make it again differently. You can manually go in and update the recipe each time
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Leka1000 wrote: »
    I dont like to edit recipes in mfp because it always takes 2-3 times to find the correct entry. Mfp doesn't save previous food searches in the recipe builder. And measurements are almost always different on the entry than on the actual can or box AND im in canada. Lol

When you are searching for items add the word gram at the end and it will bring you up entries with gram options.
  • charlton200
    charlton200 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    OP I do the same- I batch cook at the weekends and assemble 150 cal "snack bags" so I save time in the week. All the meals are in Tupperware with the cals written on them, so I can just quick add as needed. I also get no mob signal at work so can't search for anything. I don't track macros tho so it's quite easy my way. My OH only quick adds as I cook then just tell him how much dinner was!