To add exercise to MFP or not

Options
I have MFP and my Fitbit Charge HR synced. My steps automatically give me exercise calories (on good days). I've started doing Zumba, which registers on my Fitbit as an aerobic exercise and gives me the calorie burn from that on my Fitbit dashboard.

My question is do I need to add the exercise manually to MFP, or are those calories added into my steps calories when they sync over?

Replies

• MarvelGrrl
    MarvelGrrl Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Your workouts should be counted in your daily "Fitbit adjustment" that shows up in your MFP daily log.
  • KrystinaMTL
    KrystinaMTL Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Hi :) If the sync in working, the info entered (or registered) on Fitbit will automatically reflect on MFP. Make sure you log your food only on MFP and to answer your question, do not enter the exercise. I have a zip from Fitbit and decided to not link them. I prefer manually add my cardio exercise on MFP. I feel for some reason that the calories burned for my total steps taken on Fitbit (with or without a cardio exercise) would not affect my MFP calorie burn and therefore keep my calorie deficit intact and reliable. I might be wrong but, that's the way it works in my brain ;)
    As a bonus, there is nothing funner than finishing a workout and then logging it manually in MFP. It's aprt of my motivation for doing it ! lol