Plus size activewear?

Options
pensafl14
pensafl14 Posts: 13 Member
Hi everyone. I'm starting a walking/running group, and we meet outdoors so I'm needing to find long tights that will keep me warm during these winter months. Unfortunately most activewear brands don't make plus sizes clothing. I've tried Torrid, Target, and Kohls but they don't have what I'm needing. I know Lane Bryant has an active line but I haven't tried it yet. Does anyone have other recommendations, or feedback on Lane Bryant's line?

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Here's a good thread talking about workout clothes in larger sizes.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10276564/trouble-finding-workout-clothes-in-my-size
  • pensafl14
    Options
    Thank you, I'll check that out!!
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I like one of Lane Bryant's sports bras, but that's all I've tried from them so far. I got some fleece leggings from Target (Cuddl brand or something similar) to wear under my normal walking pants, which I think are C9 brand yoga pants, also from Target. Those keep me pretty warm together, though it hasn't gotten lower than 30F while I walk yet.

I recommend trying out Lane Bryant. They're more expensive than I like, but usually the quality and fit are good and they sometimes do 40-50% off sales, or BOGO sales.
  • paulandrachelk
    paulandrachelk Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Walmart yoga pants seem to go to any 18
  • phyllis731
    phyllis731 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I get mine at target and old navy.
  • Asianbutterflies
    Asianbutterflies Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Walmart is the way to go. Cheap and they serve their purpose. As you get smaller you'll get smaller you'll need smaller clothes. Lane Bryant is over priced.
  • jessicaloves7
    jessicaloves7 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Girrrrrrrl. Old Navy is where it's at. Easy on the budget, sales all the time, and plenty of options. Cute and up to date as well!!! You might have to order online for the plus sizes (I do) buts it's free shipping and returns. Pick out what you like, try it on at home, return the rest. I'm obsessed. ❤️
  • niamibunni
    niamibunni Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Old Navy stuff has worked well for me and has held up to use and washing.

• pensafl14
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips. I'll give Old Navy a try :)
  • WendyLaubach
    WendyLaubach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Online: Juno, WomanWithin, Ulla Popken. They carry up to 3X and 4X and have useful size charts with many detailed measurements, so you know what you're getting whether it's tops, bottoms, or underwear. Decent prices, frequent sales and coupons.
  • kaileym_91
    kaileym_91 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Girrrrrrrl. Old Navy is where it's at. Easy on the budget, sales all the time, and plenty of options. Cute and up to date as well!!! You might have to order online for the plus sizes (I do) buts it's free shipping and returns. Pick out what you like, try it on at home, return the rest. I'm obsessed. ❤️

She's right! I get all of my active wear at Old Navy. It's on the sale rack a lot of the time too. I've gotten workout leggings for $2, bras for $3.50. If you catch it right, you can strike gold!
  • micheledavison39
    micheledavison39 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I am a 1x-3x depending on brand/cut/material but I have been able to find work out clothes at Kohl's, Target and Avenue. TJ Maxx and Marshall's will sometimes have plus size work out clothes too for much less than other department stores.
  • LADY9GAZELL
    LADY9GAZELL Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    pensafl14 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I'm starting a walking/running group, and we meet outdoors so I'm needing to find long tights that will keep me warm during these winter months. Unfortunately most activewear brands don't make plus sizes clothing. I've tried Torrid, Target, and Kohls but they don't have what I'm needing. I know Lane Bryant has an active line but I haven't tried it yet. Does anyone have other recommendations, or feedback on Lane Bryant's line?
    kaileym_91 wrote: »

She's right! I get all of my active wear at Old Navy. It's on the sale rack a lot of the time too. I've gotten workout leggings for $2, bras for $3.50. If you catch it right, you can strike gold!

• LADY9GAZELL
    LADY9GAZELL Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    TRY WALMART