Milk Allergy

Options
2»

Replies

• bowlinggirl22
    bowlinggirl22 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well, more testing confirmed it is not a lactose problem as I am allergic to both casein and whey proteins. I will be dairy free for the rest of my life! I'm slowly starting to feel better. We also discovered I have Hashimoto's Disease. I have lots of reading to do! Thanks everyone for your comments.
  • sndrd49
    sndrd49 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I was sent to an allergist to try to determine what allergens were contributing to asthma (adult onset). The list of environmental allergies was long but when I asked about testing for food allergies they said it wasn't necessary because I would know by now if a food I was allergic to had sent me into aniphylactic shock. They explained that there is a difference between food allergy and food sensitivity. Certainly food sensitivity can cause you problems and you may want to avoid those foods, but it won't kill you.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Well, more testing confirmed it is not a lactose problem as I am allergic to both casein and whey proteins. I will be dairy free for the rest of my life! I'm slowly starting to feel better. We also discovered I have Hashimoto's Disease. I have lots of reading to do! Thanks everyone for your comments.
    It is good that you have information. :)
    I have not had tests but I stay away from milk because of the yucky lactose feeling and because I did not grow up with it. Soy milk works for me.