150+ lbs to lose and need MFP friends.

Options
mari_moulin
mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
edited January 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hello I am looking for people with similar goals as myself. People (friends) that can help me on my path and whom I can help as well. Its always easier doing it with others who have or have had similar goals.

I am a 36 year old mother of 3. I've been obese my entire life and need to take control now before its too late. As of today my weight is 326.2 lbs. I am down 12.6 lbs since I started this new year. In 2013 I lost 75 using MFP along with skinnytaste.com and exercise but gained all my weight back after my mother passed away and I had my 3rd child. I am now ready to start again and feeling very motivated. I've done this before and I know I can do this again.

Please feel free to add me.

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome back to MFP. You've got this!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Thanks so much!

• melina2224
    melina2224 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can do this!
  • sexyphat41
    sexyphat41 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We can do this!
  • khawver1
    khawver1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent :)
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Thanks!! Feeling the love!
  • emmymichellemunro
    Options
    You can do it! I'm starting again, I lost quite a bit of weight after using WW until my Granddad died and then I totally lost myself and I can now feel my health deteriorating and I know I need to take action now. I don't have any children, but me and my now husband recently got married (last November) and soon we would love to start a family and I am needing to do this for me, my husband, for a good start at a family and for my unborn children. My fingers are crossed for you! <3
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    I'm so sorry for the loss of your grand-dad. I understand how we can fall into a downward spiral especially after such a loss. The important thing is to get ourselves back again and start again even if its painful to see what a huge setback its been. We must never give up no matter what. Wishing all the luck on your journey and on any future little blessings.
  • Princess9114
    Princess9114 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi my names Diana and I need help too.. I'm 24 and I am about 350 right now I want to lose at least 200lbs .... I'm on again off again and I can't let myself down anymore. I'm in school for criminal justice but if I don't get into shape I won't have the career I want... I used to be 372 at my highest and I never in my life want to reach that high again so I sometimes need others to help me fight the inner demons I want to get rid of the weight but because of previous issues I think part of me gives up because I'm scared to lose the weight please feel free to add me ~ Thank you
  • GinaNelson2
    GinaNelson2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Gina. I need to lose forty pounds and commit to exercise for my heart and overall health. Ready to give and receive support! How do I add friends?
  • Redbella
    Redbella Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I also need to lose 200 lbs. I can relate to Princess in the fact I have a lot of weight to lose and I have to fight demons to do so. My overeating is definitely due to my past......parents used to lock up food so I literally starved...etc. I need positive people to help me stay ot. Feel free to add me!!!
  • sarahthin
    sarahthin Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. I'm in the same sitution or at least almost. My name is Sarah and I'm 70 with 3 grown children and 7 living grandchildren. I started with a trainer in 2008 and lost about 80 pounds then our world starting falling apart. Moved from our dream home to care for one of our Mother's till her death and then lost a granddaughter and then cared for my mother for 1 1/2 years till her death. I' m back to trying to find my way and finding that the regular exerise is going to have to come later. With what I have been doing my stamina and body just don't do like it did. I still have 100 to lose and am just trying to move more. Let's do this togther
  • cmbarbato71
    cmbarbato71 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I'm starting again this year too. We could be a great support system for each other.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Its usually the story isn't it. There is always something from the past that haunts us and cripples us from making positive changes in our lives. But this is a step forward. We can get past those demons and any other thing life throws at us and we will succeed, even if we fail sometimes.....we will get back up again and keep going. Thanks for all of your replies this has been so overwhelmingly positive. never expected such a response.