Women only please!!

Options
aerobicgirl
aerobicgirl Posts: 354 Member
Ok so I have 2 kids a 3yr old and a 9mth old. and you think i would know already but when ever you are pregnant its like u become clueless. so i had my last period about may 22 lasted about 4-5 days. the last time we had intercourse (don't yell at me) but was about 6 weeks ago (before my last period) at the time i was on Yaz. after my period i have not been on birthcontrol. i was considering my getting my tubes tide. so here we are june 23 and yet to start my period. im a little nervous, ive heard of people having there period while pregnant but never believed it. i figured if i told someone my period would just come. a couple of weeks ago my breast have been a little sensitive. What should i do, what do you think.

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Your body is probably just readjusting to the hormones. 'Cause you weren't on birth control to have your kid...then you were, now you're not. Just give it time.
  • TruSunshine
    TruSunshine Posts: 178
    Options
    Take a pregnancy test or go see your OB/GYN (just to be sure)
  • aerobicgirl
    Options
    i did think about that but im kinda nervous, i didn't want anymore, i guess god works in mysterious ways, thanks for the suggestions.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Your body goes through a lot when you go on and off birth control. Not to mention if you started trying to lose weight and have changed up your lifestyle. That's going to throw it off too.
  • candican
    candican Posts: 96
    Options
    Take a pregnancy test or go see your OB/GYN (just to be sure)

You want to be sure so you should see your OB/GYN for an accurate blood test. You can always start by taking the pregnancy test but remember that only works at a certain point.
  • indybrown
    indybrown Posts: 31
    Options
    If I'm reading this right, you haven't had sex since BEFORE your last period and so I have to agree that I think it's your hormones adjusting. if another week goes by though and you haven't started, I would definitely take a test just to end your misery of wondering if you are or not.
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    If you stopped taking birth control roughly two weeks after you last had sex, you probably aren't pregnant... like arielle mentioned, it's likely just hormones going crazy, but if you're losing sleep over it go get tested to be sure.
  • xxlimitxx
    xxlimitxx Posts: 2
    Options
    Ever since I started a new diet and started working out, my cycle has changed...I noticed I have longer breaks in between each cycle...so maybe your body is adjusting to the change...but I wouldn't be too worried about it. Give it till like the middle of July and then if not maybe you should go see your doctor..but don't panic yet..just give it a few more weeks maybe
  • Alleghany
    Alleghany Posts: 200
    Options
    Got no advice other than what the others have posted but I just wanted to send you good vibes in hopes that you get the answer you're looking for, Mama! I know it's a tough situation to be in. HUGS :flowerforyou:
  • aerobicgirl
    Options
    with my first two i knew right away and didn't have a period but thanks for the advice, put my mind at ease.
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Silly question - but are you breastfeeding? I know some doctors let you breastfeed on the pill. If you are breastfeeding that could contribute to skipped or late periods. I would give it a couple of more days and then maybe take a test - just to get that possible off your mind. Hope that helps.
  • aerobicgirl
    Options
    Silly question - but are you breastfeeding? I know some doctors let you breastfeed on the pill. If you are breastfeeding that could contribute to skipped or late periods. I would give it a couple of more days and then maybe take a test - just to get that possible off your mind. Hope that helps.

no not breastfeeding. i couldn't with her.
  • baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    Options
    Yes birth control causes your body to do crazy things and if you smoke... your body acts up even more. My mum is a classic story of having a steady cycle and got pregnant. She went to the doctor's office to find out why her stomach was not feeling right and then BAM... she got ah "that's because your 5 months pregnant" with my brother.

No time for second guessing take a HPT and then call your doctor up for another just to be sure...a blood test will be a true answer on whether or not you're pregnant.

Good Luck!
  • heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I am actually in a very similar situation right now - I had my last period on May 17 - then I had a day of light spotting somewhere around June 8th, and haven't had anything since (we have had sex in between though) I'm not on the pill, but we have been using protection. I got so scared, nervous, anxious (whatever emotions you can have I was having) early in the week - I think it was like 34 days into my cycle and the test showed negative - however I still haven't started. I'm waiting it out another week then i will test again and if it is still negative I'm calling my OB to figure out whats going on and probably am going to go back on the pill if I am not pregnant. (Another child would be welcome, but the timing is really really bad right now!) sorry if its TMI for some, but I hope this helps you with your situation.
  • bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I was on Yaz then I switched to a monthly birth control and got prengnant with twins 2 weeks after! Yaz really confuses your hormones. You might very well be pregnant and with multiples!!!:noway:
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    You can have spotting when your progesterone levels are low, maybe your hormones are a little out of whack still
  • aerobicgirl
    Options
    I am actually in a very similar situation right now - I had my last period on May 17 - then I had a day of light spotting somewhere around June 8th, and haven't had anything since (we have had sex in between though) I'm not on the pill, but we have been using protection. I got so scared, nervous, anxious (whatever emotions you can have I was having) early in the week - I think it was like 34 days into my cycle and the test showed negative - however I still haven't started. I'm waiting it out another week then i will test again and if it is still negative I'm calling my OB to figure out whats going on and probably am going to go back on the pill if I am not pregnant. (Another child would be welcome, but the timing is really really bad right now!) sorry if its TMI for some, but I hope this helps you with your situation.

pretty much my same situation i guess i will just have to buy a test to put my mind at ease.
  • Rebecca__Lynn
    Options
    Yep, I say pregnancy test too....to ease your mind and eliminate any further worrying and wondering!!!

Hope the results are what you expect and want :flowerforyou:
  • aerobicgirl
    Options
    so i went ahead and bought the test so far it says negative. its funny because the past the past two time that i have gotten to weigh about 145 i have gotten pregnant. haha i know funny, so hopefully just my hormones maybe ill just stay at 150
  • aerobicgirl
    Options
    ok ladies still no perio. thinks its time to call the dr.