Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I work in a v. busy fast paced...

Hi quick question, I work a 30h a week job where it's on my feet all day with varies walking speeds needed as it'd a fast paced (sometimes a rarely slow paced) environment with a walk to and from my bus stop which takes about 20 mins fast paced a time.

Now guys would you class it as exercise? Or not?

I don't count it on my exercise tracker only my dog walks, should it'd start to?

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    I don't, I just set myself to lightly active. It is your day to day life not an added exercise.
  • Josh_lol
    Josh_lol Posts: 317 Member
    Any daily activity you do on an everyday-basis like work is included in your activity level setting. So I wouldn't add exercise calories unless you're doing something else on top of your work.
  • soniaf
    soniaf Posts: 106 Member
    you could get a tracker like a fitbit? that makes it easier to quantify..
  • mis1022
    mis1022 Posts: 109 Member
    If you were doing those activities before starting a weight loss plan you would not want to count them. That is your daily activity.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I'd use the activity setting and then log any meaningful exercise separately
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 792 Member
    I work as a waitress part time at a busy cept for this time of year restaurant. Get an activity tracker find your average step count to get the right activity lvl.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    I'm the same, 48 hours on my feet. I however, always do this. My body is used to it, if I go off my step counter it's an extra 600 cals ish a day exercise but it's not exercise I've pushed my body to do, out of its normal level, it's used to this so no, I don't count it.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    I just set my activity level to lightly active, it's everyday life so I don't count it as exercise. I don't count walking to pick my kids up from school or cleaning either.
  • amyy010
    amyy010 Posts: 48 Member
    Ok thanks