Should I lower my intake now or wait until I see my dietician?

I'm sorry that I'm always posting for advice, but I do appreciate everyone's and I find them very helpful.
I'm recovering from anorexia, and a while ago I reached my goal weight of 110 lbs. Currently, I'm 113lbs and I don't like be over my goal weight, though I know logically that 3lbs isnt much to be over by. It stresses me out. My last appointment with my dietician I weighed 111lbs, and that was 6 weeks ago. I eat 2200 a day and I've slowly gained weight. I don't want that to continue.
During my last appointment, my dietician reccomended reducing my intake from 2300 to 2200, because of the slow weight gain. I'm wondering if I should do the same now, and eat 2100. My appointment is next week, and I'm not sure if I should make the change now or wait for her advice. I'm terrified of being 114lbs next time I see her.
I'm asking this because I'm aware that I still have a sick mind, and hard to know if this idea is actually a good one or if it's some trick my mind's playing on me that could lead to a relapse.

Replies

• ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    You are under the care of a doctor. Listen to him. Not internetters.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    I wouldn't lower it just yet. My scale sometimes goes up by 8lbs! ( combination of not using the bathroom, water weight . I know, tmi lol !) So don't fret .
    Like you said, in the grand scheme of things its only 3 lbs. I would wait and talk to your doctor and dietician. Dropping calories on your own could lead to trouble.

• LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    I would definitely wait! I think when you are recovering for an ED it is best to leave your calorie intake to the professionals. I'm sure she will put you on a maintenance plan soon and things will even out.
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Your dietician believes you are eating close to the amount you need to eat in order to maintain weight - meaning it would be pretty impossible to put on a pound of real weight before you see her in a week. Even if she has miscalculated, no one with a healthy relationship with food would be "terrified" of being 1 lb higher by then. (Not to mention that 114 is within the normal weight range unless you are shorter than 4'9".) I vote for your mind playing tricks on you.

Good for recognizing the possibility that it is still your ED talking, and good luck sticking with it until you see your doctor!
  • Clawsal
    Clawsal Posts: 255 Member
    Next week is so close, it won't make any real difference even you are eating a little over maintenance. However lowering your calories by yourself could lead to a bad bad trend. So wait for your dietitian's advice.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Lower it 200. See what happens. 2200 is a lot for a 113 pounder!