Flabby Lower Stomach

Options
I know I'm not the only MFP person that is struggling with this issue. I'm losing weight and toning nicely except my lower stomach. I am aware that the stomach seems to be the last problem area to go.

I'm pretty much asking for some advice/tips. What foods/routines do you use to tighten up the lose skin of your lower belly.

Thanks everyone!

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately skin and fat can't be targeted. Loose skin often snaps back by itself, but it can take 2-3 years. Fat shrinks from a calorie deficit.. which it sounds like you're doing. So just keep going. :+1:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    No skin or fat on the body can be targeted by direct exercise. You just keep losing then reassess when you reach goal.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    There's no food that will help you have a nicer stomach.
  • kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'll just keep doing the routine I'm already doing.
  • erimethia_fekre
    erimethia_fekre Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Abs are made in the kitchen. Tweet your diet
  • ChestnutChesca
    ChestnutChesca Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I noticed reducing my carb intake, increasing my protein, increasing water intake and lifting weights reduced my bloated tummy and tummy pouch a bit in just 1 week! So hopefully keeping this up in the long term will really help the transformation! xx
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    First of all loose skin and extra fat are too different things.
    Do you still have fat to lose ? What are your stats?
    Like I said earlier there's no food that will give you a nicer stomach. If you have extra fat to lose then eating at a calorie deficit would be a start.
    If its just skin, then that's a whole different issue. Sometimes the skin will tighten up but that takes much time and patience.