Tips for changing eating habits

Options
2»

Replies

• endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    One big change has been to make sure I am eating some vegetables with every meal. Some days it is a pleasure and broadens the way I think about food, some days I just choke them down, but I eat them.

Another big change is that I have given up on perfection in the way that I eat. Eating a little junk but staying in my calories every day is better than eating perfect for a few days and then completely going bonkers for weeks/months on end.

The last big change is that I keep my calories more stable from day to day. I used to think if I wasn't hungry I shouldn't eat, but what it ended up doing was putting me on a big yo-yo...not eat much, then overeat. This was not good for my energy level, digestion, or weight (since the overeating more than compensated for the low hunger times).
  • phieaglefan
    phieaglefan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    One big change has been to make sure I am eating some vegetables with every meal. Some days it is a pleasure and broadens the way I think about food, some days I just choke them down, but I eat them.

Another big change is that I have given up on perfection in the way that I eat. Eating a little junk but staying in my calories every day is better than eating perfect for a few days and then completely going bonkers for weeks/months on end.

The last big change is that I keep my calories more stable from day to day. I used to think if I wasn't hungry I shouldn't eat, but what it ended up doing was putting me on a big yo-yo...not eat much, then overeat. This was not good for my energy level, digestion, or weight (since the overeating more than compensated for the low hunger times).

This!

Three excellent points!!!