DEPRESSION / PTSD

Options
2»

Replies

• PrePosthumous
    PrePosthumous Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    jsa_mason wrote: »
    I had severe PTSD from combat in Iraq which lead to really bad depression. My motivation to loose weight is simply because it makes me feel so much better about myself. I guess it's a combination of feeling less self conscious and feeling more energetic and willing to be active. Therapy helped me more than anything though.

I'm glad you made it through over there and back home. Thank you for your service.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    jsa_mason wrote: »
    I had severe PTSD from combat in Iraq which lead to really bad depression. My motivation to loose weight is simply because it makes me feel so much better about myself. I guess it's a combination of feeling less self conscious and feeling more energetic and willing to be active. Therapy helped me more than anything though.

Good point about therapy. I sort of assumed that @lcshuman was already getting therapy, but that's not a safe assumption at all. I would probably still be cowering at home if it hadn't been for taking that first step to call around and find some professional help I could afford. It gave me the push I needed to take better care of myself.

I'm glad that you made it through combat too. Stay well!