Options
2»

Replies

• KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Look at your data. Did you eat enough to put you in maintenance for the week? Or maybe just a few days with a smaller deficit for the week? Or did you eat enough to put you in a surplus for the week? Either way, you won't undo weeks and weeks of losing.

Oh, what a great way of looking at this.Thanks!
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Look at your data for 30 days - I keep an eye on the rolling 30 day average (thank you FitBit for the little graph that tracks CICO).
  • lisasp4
    lisasp4 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Did my weekly weigh in and I maintained! Extremely happy!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,025 Member
    Options
    It took more than a few days to gain the weight. It will take more than a few to ruin your progress. It will only ruin it if you decide that it will. Just get back to staying under your goal and it will be ok in the long run. Everyone has the occasional special events. Just don't let that be every day.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,882 Member
    Options
    At worst, something like this is only a delay, as long as you return to your healthy routine. And as you found, any gain is mostly water weight.

If you logged the days you went over, and want to estimate your impact/delay, you can do it. I posted an example here: Is This How You Think About Over-Goal Days?
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Not unless you let it! Time to get back on track and not dwell on past bad choices.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Those single day or even week events don't ruin things. It's the pattern of letting them become the majority that hurts things. Find the balance that works.

I could show people days or even weeks that look fairly bad. But they didn't derail me.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Well if you let that kind of thinking stop you, yes. Life is going to continue to be life-y... Roll with the punches. Restart right where you are, today. You'll still get there.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    lisasp4 wrote: »
    Did my weekly weigh in and I maintained! Extremely happy!

Awesome! Thanks for the update.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Not unless you decide that's what's going to happen.
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Frankly, even thought the impact of a few days over is likely small, I think it's important to have them, to prove to yourself that it doesn't require perfection to stay on track and that you can handle these "off" days and get back to plan.
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Nope! My weight before and after a 2 week holiday (vacation) where I didn't care what I ate...

3v310sfepcnv.png
  • JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Started at MFP last January, had a ten day overseas holiday in June where I ate anything and everything I wanted, and went off the rails over Christmas. Neither of those undid the 95lbs I have lost so far. They just delayed getting to goal by a few weeks. That's it. The important thing is to not let those rare times become the norm again. I've been back on track for the last three weeks, and have no desire to eat over my calories at all...... I may or may not be planning some major chocolate nommage for Easter though.... :wink:
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Only if you let it. Log it, move on, and don't look back. It's the part of the whole "being human" thing.
  • biggccman
    biggccman Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Everyone has off days. As long as you recognize them and get back to the healthier option all is good.