NSV! Moved in (almost) all by myself!

Options
swimmermama
swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
You want a reason to get strong?? :)

I moved us into our new house yesterday! The husband is still working at the old house three states away so I am responsible for setting us up in the new house. The moving van arrived around 11:30am yesterday and the moving help I had hired arrived about 4:45pm to do the HUGE couch, bookcase, king mattress, dresser, and dining room table. Between 11:30 and 4:45, I cleared out more than half of the boxes and some furniture. We worked together for about an hour doing more boxes and that big furniture... and then we were done! Everything is in our house! Thanks mostly to me! I am not sure I can move my arms today but I still feel AWESOME. Yay for lifting!

The best part was when my mom - who was just sitting in one of the first chairs I had brought in - told me to stop bringing stuff in because the moving help would "be embarrassed that they had to do so little." Ha. No, the best part may be that I can get my toddler's room all ready for her today. She will sleep in her bed in her new room tonight. Awesome.

Replies

• 63hanson
    63hanson Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Way to go! We recently moved my MIL into a new apartment and I did a lot of the lifting and moving of boxes. I was proud of myself, that I was able to do so much. The old me wouldn't have done that.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!