Mason jar salad shelf life?

Options
I understand what you add can alter the shelf life of a salad. But does anyone know how long, generally speaking, they will last? I'd use primarily spinach or green leaf lettuce, if that helps. Thanks guys!

Replies

• space_case
    space_case Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    From when I was doing that a lot, it's all about the order you layer it. Dressing on the bottom, veggies, protein, cheese, and then lettuce. you want the lettuce/spinach to be as dry as possible. When doing it that way, mine could last at least a week.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    When I buy a big container of spring mix lettuce, I try to put paper towels around it. Sometimes I put it in a large ziplock baggie with paper towels to keep the moisture out.
    That's the second question about putting a salad in a little mason jar. My salads are giant. Is this a new fad?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    When I buy a big container of spring mix lettuce, I try to put paper towels around it. Sometimes I put it in a large ziplock baggie with paper towels to keep the moisture out.
    That's the second question about putting a salad in a little mason jar. My salads are giant. Is this a new fad?

thank pinterest lol

i went though a phase last year of doing them.

mine topped out at about a week IF you can keep the dressing from touching the greens and other soft stuff