Does this sound right?

Options
Ok after my last post (about a calorie question) It was suggested maybe my HRM was giving me the wrong calculations. So I have decided instead of using this for my exercise, that I will try it the TDEE way(again). Ive just used a IIFYM calculator, which gives my TDEE at 2315 - 20% this gives me a 1852 calories a day. this is based on 5 days a week exercise. Does this sound about right??? I am 39, height 5'1, and weight 177lbs.
And should I try stay in with the other calculations, like carbs and protein too?

Replies

• Lindyxx
    Lindyxx Posts: 34
    Options
  • leahartmann
    leahartmann Posts: 415
    Options
    I haven´t calculated out from your stats, but I would say it sounds about right. I´m 39, 5´4, 159 pounds and I was giving about the same number for myself. So I say go for it. If I´m wrong, I´m sure someone would correct me.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Yes, that sounds exactly right. There are two things that can make it wrong. You could have a metabolic disease (don't guess you have one if you suspect have it checked) or what you think is moderate exercise is actually light exercise and you don't do that long enough.
  • Lindyxx
    Options
    Yes, that sounds exactly right. There are two things that can make it wrong. You could have a metabolic disease (don't guess you have one if you suspect have it checked) or what you think is moderate exercise is actually light exercise and you don't do that long enough.

I usually exercise about 6 times a week, usually about 30 mins a day, which usually burns around 300 cals, not sure if this is calculated as light or moderate exercise tho..On the calculator I used it didnt ask whether it was moderate or light, just asked how many times a week I exercised. It can be really confusing all this lol
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    your activity level is determined by your activity level during the day.
    if you workout 7 days a week, but ride a desk all day, it's not enough to bump you to a really active activity level.
  • Lindyxx
    Options
    your activity level is determined by your activity level during the day.
    if you workout 7 days a week, but ride a desk all day, it's not enough to bump you to a really active activity level.

Oh right, gets more confusing by the minute this lol the calculator I used didnt say activity level tho, it said exercise, so I thought that was asking how many times a week you exercised.