Staying focused

Options
I have a lot of weight to lose - over 5 stones. I done many diets in the past but I always put back on the weight. Now this is the biggest I've ever been. I recently started a lifestyle change, eating healthily and I've lost 7lbs so far. However whenever I lost a little weight, I always get a little excited and start sneaking little snacks like cheddar and bread. Any tips to keep motivated. I have such a long way to go

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Keep your eyes on the prize!!
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    see if there is a way to fit those snacks in without going over.j
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    What 20years said! If you deprive yourself of the foods you love, you will always crave them. Can you eat a one ounce slice of cheese, satisfy the craving, and keep from blowing out your calorie goals?

With calorie counting, a day or two over your count here and there won't break you. Remember that it's the long term healthy choices that are going to make all the difference.
  • tiggerlove
    tiggerlove Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    It's not easy to keep weight off, just don't give up on youself. Your stronger than you think. Positive Thinking Always.
  • SNOflake888
    SNOflake888 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same situation! Only, it's my family keeping the bad junk around. And, unfortunately, I'm one of those people who can't have just a little and be satisfied. I start a bag of chips, I'm probably gonna finish them...
  • Butterfly205
    Butterfly205 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I do try to have just a little... But these crazy people (family members buy so much naughty stuff). I think you right I need to focus on the prize. I really do want to be healthy. You guys have given me a little kick up the *kitten* lol. I'm gonna try to be more positive, and focus on my goal to be fitter and healthier :smile:
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    You could start thinking of the "naughty stuff" they buy as food they buy for themselves. It's not yours. Don't eat what's not yours! Buy some better options for yourself, and eat those instead.