Stress and Depression induced weight gain, trying to get life back on track.

Options
I guess that sums it up. I've hit a low point in life, my weight has suffered and I'm trying to get healthy physically, mentally, emotionally and financially! I'm trying to hold myself accountable.

Replies

• ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    good for you for trying to be healthier! I know how much tougher it is with depression. I'm finding this site is helping a lot with me holding myself accountable. hopefully it's helpful for you too.
  • piggyfoster
    piggyfoster Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am fully aware i am an emotional eater and gained 50lbs due partly to depression. Its a daily battle but i find support here helps. Feel free to add me. :)
  • NoteForJulie
    NoteForJulie Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This sounds like me. It's nice to know I am not alone then. Feel free to add me too.
  • gygzh
    gygzh Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping this site will help me recognize what needs to change and hopefully with some support I can start to make some difference. It's a hard thing to stay on top of. I find it so easy to just eat a bag of chips for lunch, supper and late night snack, or a tub of ice cream and not eat anything good all day.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    In the last two years I watched both my parents die after long and protracted chronic illness. My mother died of COPD in Dec 2013. My father developed terminal oesophageal cancer only months after her death and he died last summer. I was very stressed during that time and afterwards. There was little time for myself and I also felt really low, so I didn't look after myself much. I ate rubbish and had no time or energy to exercise. I realised that I never grieved for my mum because I was overtaken by events with dad's cancer. Eventually I got some bereavement counselling for myself and it was very helpful in getting me out of this hole. I'm now starting to get back on top of things, but it's important to be kind to yourself and patient. x
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    One of the best ways to start to feel better is to start making positive decisions for yourself! Welcome to MFP, you can do this!
  • gygzh
    gygzh Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'm going to try and make it better, one day at a time.