Chronic pain and fatigue sufferer looking for energy booster!

Options
I have fibromyalgia (chronic pain) and Chronic fatigue. I also have a physical job. 10-12 hour days outdoors (scaffolding). I'm beyond exhausted all the time. I have no sleep issues as far as I know. I come home dead tired and am completely useless. I wake up feeling like I never slept a wink and feeling horrible. Every single day. Does anybody else suffer from this and do you have any tips on how to feel better? At least how to wake up feeling rested? I'm so desperate to wake up feeling recharged. I'm only 33 and I feel like I'm 80!

Thanks,
Amanda

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Talk to your doctor. Work on adjusting you medication. It needs to get dialed in.
    At the same time, sometimes you flare and need to rest
    You only need a calorie deficit to lose weight

I rely strongly on caffeine and proper hydration
  • Rushgirl82
    Rushgirl82 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Yeah I definitely wish I could rest when j need to. But with my job. Missing time equals top of lay off list unfortunately. I'm thinking might be time to ha change jobs...again. It's depressing. I'm on cymbalta for pain and depression. I will talk to my doc about this next time I see him.
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    My oh my that is a demanding job to do with chronic fatigue... (I lost mine due to it...)

The latest thinking on CFS management is to

A) keep within your 'energy envelope' ... So that is hard for anyone working, and so means getting lots of rest - at home, on lunch breaks etc, at the w/e.

B) if you are unfit (and I doubt it if you are doing a physical job) then slowly, gently get yourself fitter - again no 'crash and burn', just 'graded' exercise. Helps with depression to do excercise Of course - endorphins and all that.

C) use CBT techniques to help to learn to cope with having a long term illness, and mindfulness techniques (yoga, meditation, etc) slow down the wiring of an overactive mind ...which is so draining.

Oh and obviously eat well, don't drink too much etc etc

I am afraid it is a long old slog but you have done fantastically to keep your job - and I wish you all the very best.