Starting again and again and again

Options
Happy Monday!

Got on the scale this morning and lost the 2 pounds I gained. I love Monday - I feel like it's the start of a new day. So today I'll focus on documenting my foods.

I currently weigh 224.8 and are 5'3". I'm turning 60 in October which is a bit bitter sweet for me - my dad passed away at 59 years old (30 years ago) of heart disease and obesity. He didn't take care of himself at all - ate/drank what he wanted.

although I'm overweight, I'm healthy. I don't have the issues my Dad had at over 300 pounds (gout, angina, water retention, etc.) I have thyroid disease so it makes it harder for me to lose weight.

My goal over the next 9 months (till my birthday) is to get below 200 pounds. that's what my focus is - losing 24.8 pounds. I want to keep it simple - if I can log in every day and exercise, then I know I can do this.

Will keep in touch along the way - hoping that our supporting each other will help with our frustrations and inward change.

Honora

Replies

• crafterpaula
    crafterpaula Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    you can do it!
  • GypsyByTheSea
    GypsyByTheSea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    The best advice I can give you is to reframe what you tell yourself. No one goes through the process of losing weight and regaining health with a perfect score. We all fall short some days. We walk away for weeks. But, the main thing to focus on is this: This is not just a "thing" you're going to do "until". It's how you need to live your life from now on. Every day.

Having said that, the turning point in this endless ride on the yo yo, was when I realized I had to keep going. Have a bad hour? Keep going. Have a bad day? Keep going. Have a bad week? Keep going. You're never going to be perfect. Accept that and just keep going.

Best of luck.