I like my coffee like I like my men... less than I used to.

Options

Replies

• Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    64crayons wrote: »
    I like my ... Hot, strong, and twice in the morning!

Large, dark, and strong for me ;)

I also agree with Halotop ice cream. That stuff is like crack, and with a whole pint being 240 calories, I'm madly in love. The minute I found them I threw Ben and Jerry's to the corner
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »
    auddii wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »
    Edit: Also Chinese food. Definitely Chinese food. I'll happily order wonton soup, but I'm very salt sensitive and it still causes me pain. Plus, there's only so much wonton soup I can take before giving into shrimp lomein, general tso's chicken, and shrimp toast!

Going to drop this here because it's an awesome recipe (may still cause you some salt issues, so maybe you can make some tweaks to it): http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10306894/general-tso-chicken-236-calories#latest

Thanks! I'm really bad at cooking but I'll definitely have to give this a try xD

My Gramma used to say "If you can read, you can cook." :)

Can't argue with Gramma. I can bake because I can follow a recipe.
  • Toronto6fan
    Toronto6fan Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I like my coffee with lots of cream and sugar so I've been switching over to teas and find I really enjoy them. I save the coffee for when I need a pick me up now.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    coffee...chocolate...men...some things are just better rich
  • TheChrissyT
    TheChrissyT Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I really want to like tea. It's not something I was ever around growing up, but it seems like people really love it. Maybe I could train myself to like it the way I'm training myself to like black coffee. And by training myself, I mean it's a lot like when I started running. One block and I wished I was dead. lol
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I have started to use Agave Nectar instead of sugar. It has a much lower GI, so doesn't spike you as much as ordinary refined sugar. It's actually quite pleasant in coffee. :)
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    I like my coffee like I like my woman.

Tall, hot and bold.

I usually generally say "rich" but yeah- that's appropriate as well.

Laughably I'm marrying an fairly average in height rather unassuming man. LOL- whatever- I can still have my coffee like that so that's 75% of the battle at this point.

Well, if we're going for who we're actually marrying, I like mine tall and hairy; must be from Starbucks...
  • shemckinley
    shemckinley Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I like my coffee hot, creamy and delicious. ;)

And apparently only on weekends. :| But that's been my trick. I didn't think I could ever stray from my French Pressed coffee with 4 tablespoons of Natural Bliss creamer. But FOUR TBSP!! I had to do something different. So I have Earl Grey with a tsp of liquid raw sugar on weekdays, and save the coffee for weekends.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    I like my coffee like I like my woman.

Tall, hot and bold.

I usually generally say "rich" but yeah- that's appropriate as well.

Laughably I'm marrying an fairly average in height rather unassuming man. LOL- whatever- I can still have my coffee like that so that's 75% of the battle at this point.

Haha! My wife is a total extrovert and taller than I am. And, of course, hotter than fire.
  • niamibunni
    niamibunni Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I cut out the Splenda in early December. Then stopped the Truvia last week. I add a dash of cinnamon and some coconut milk (no sugar!) into my trusty Deadpool mug of coffee. I'm liking it and it doesn't trigger the sugar dragon.
  • nixhaz
    nixhaz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Low calorie hot chocolate powder in coffee. 40 calories. It's the one! :)
  • instantmartian
    instantmartian Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I really want to like tea. It's not something I was ever around growing up, but it seems like people really love it. Maybe I could train myself to like it the way I'm training myself to like black coffee. And by training myself, I mean it's a lot like when I started running. One block and I wished I was dead. lol

I'm not much of a help on the coffee front. I've always drank (and loved) black coffee - dark roast, no flavorings. It's what I grew up with, and it's what I know. Of course, I've turned into a coffee snob because I seem to have snobbish tendencies towards such things - chocolate, coffee, food in general. Anyway, I am 100% with you on the tea front. I want to like tea. I really do. I keep trying to like tea, and I just can't do it. I want to die before I get to the bottom of the cup. Just like running - I would often rather die than the thought of running another [insert number of miles here]. Like I do with running, I continue to subject myself to tea hoping that one day something will click, and I will be in love. So far, no go.

Good luck!
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    There are so many kinds of tea! I don't like black tea, but I like green tea and herbal teas. My current favorites are jasmine tea and peppermint tea (NOT together!). BTW, a lot of things we call tea are not actually tea, they're tisanes.
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I have slowly lessened how much creamer and sugar I put into my coffee every day, because it just seemed like a lot of wasted calories and I'm a "go over your sugar goal" superstar. I never could drink black coffee before, but that's where I'm at now. I find it tolerable. Hopefully I get used to that, or figure out how to change my life around to arrange for more sleep!

What corners are you cutting? Which ones ended up being really great? Which ones are you still struggling with?

Tbh I am the same... Was a huge fan of Starbucks and latte from Pret a manger (with Vanilla or Caramel flavors) but those were representing SO MANY calories! :( I still cannot drink black coffee so most days I just forego the coffee and go for a sugarless green tea or organic infusion and tbh I am ok!! Not dying :p

Other corners I am cutting: biscuits as afternoon snack, cereals in the morning, sauce on rice or vegs at lunch, store-bought vinaigrette (I just use a bit of vinegar and oil), I never buy ice cream anymore (was a huge weakness of mine) I now wait for a special occasion like a meal at the restaurant to have some, stopped eating sushi often (I always gain like a kg after the day I eat some, I though it was a great diet food before looking into it!!).
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I was asked to cut caffeine for a number of reasons...and have done so over the past two months. Probably had a couple cups in the morning then several at work.

Personally, I much prefer and espresso in the morning to a regular coffee, so if I want the taste, I can still make a decaf espresso.
  • chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    My coffee matches my heart....black and cold...lol!

I say this.... but mine is Sweet and Creamy! lol

I allow myself 2 cups of coffee with cream and sugar... its my indulgence first thing in the morning, when everyone else is still asleep I can have my moment. That said my coffee is about 100calories for both cups... not to bad so far. When I get closer to goal I might have to start looking at it though!
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for being a man in this thread.

Funny story though: I never drank coffee before visiting this site. Now 90% of my friends list drinks it (I think. Survey is not complete yet). So naturally, peer pressure led me to try it. Since I'm trying to cut weight, I refrained from ever putting anything in it and so black is the only way I've ever had it. I have a cup every morning now and it's enjoyable. Thankfully, I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything because I don't know any better.

Ignorance is bliss :)

I cut corners with pizza though. Instead of meat-lovers, I get supreme or veggie-lovers since all of that meat is pretty caloric.

How much difference does that make? I've never looked into it. Usually when I'm eating pizza it's because I'm out with friends or on a date or whatever, so I'm usually off the rails on the crazy train by then anyway.

oddly enough I haven't found much difference between the meatier pizzas and veg when I look them up at the places we have here. I've actually found ham and pineapple (unfortunately my least favourite) to be the lowest of the ones that usually show up at the functions I go to where ordering pizza is the go-to. Less calories than the vegetarian. Go figure. Maybe they need to sprinkle on some extra calories elsewhere to make the pizza taste like all that belongs on it is vegetables.
  • hmichaud09
    hmichaud09 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I think I've had coffee twice in the last three months.. I drank it black with some rock sugar, but lately I'm on a tea (teavana) kick.

I also water down my juice. I love orange juice but the sugar spike and calories are so unattractive to me. I do 1/4 of the cup of Orange Juice and the rest the Poland Springs flavored water. Though I have not done it in a while and have not really missed it.

• TheChrissyT
    TheChrissyT Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I have slowly lessened how much creamer and sugar I put into my coffee every day, because it just seemed like a lot of wasted calories and I'm a "go over your sugar goal" superstar. I never could drink black coffee before, but that's where I'm at now. I find it tolerable. Hopefully I get used to that, or figure out how to change my life around to arrange for more sleep!

What corners are you cutting? Which ones ended up being really great? Which ones are you still struggling with?

Tbh I am the same... Was a huge fan of Starbucks and latte from Pret a manger (with Vanilla or Caramel flavors) but those were representing SO MANY calories! :( I still cannot drink black coffee so most days I just forego the coffee and go for a sugarless green tea or organic infusion and tbh I am ok!! Not dying :p

Other corners I am cutting: biscuits as afternoon snack, cereals in the morning, sauce on rice or vegs at lunch, store-bought vinaigrette (I just use a bit of vinegar and oil), I never buy ice cream anymore (was a huge weakness of mine) I now wait for a special occasion like a meal at the restaurant to have some, stopped eating sushi often (I always gain like a kg after the day I eat some, I though it was a great diet food before looking into it!!).

wait... sushi is bad for you? now I'm mad lol that might be where I draw the line
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Sushi isn't bad for you! If it fits in your calories for the day, it's an excellent choice. For some people, the dipping sauce is a problem because it's high in sodium and can lead to water retention (not actual weight gain).