C9 diet

Options
Just wondering if anyone has done the C9 diet, and what did they think of it. I'm giving it a go started today.

Replies

• _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    It looks like it's very low calorie. You'll lose weight in those 9 days, and probably in the 12 days after for the 2nd round. Not from aloe vera and bee pollen supplements though. You'll lose the weight because of how restrictive the calories are.

Why not just eat at a calorie deficit and save money on aloe vera and bee pollen to buy things like actual food?
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm ... a diet plan from a multi-level marketing company where buying their products is a key component and a "detox" is featured among the product line. Sounds typical of most scams.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    I am on the eat less calories daily diet. Focuses on healthier choices. It really works. Don't get conned, ok?
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Everyday there is a new diet I've never heard of on here. Aloe vera and bee pollen does not sound fun. I know because I've tried bee pollen thinking it would taste like something it didn't.
  • AlisonAgnew50
    AlisonAgnew50 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks folks. I'm just looking for a quick kick start. Giving it a shot for the 9 days. But I wouldn't be something I would all the time. Thought I would se what it's like. As aloe vera is meant to be good for you.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Thanks folks. I'm just looking for a quick kick start. Giving it a shot for the 9 days. But I wouldn't be something I would all the time. Thought I would se what it's like. As aloe vera is meant to be good for you.

And that is why you will fail.

I'd put money on it.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but unsustainable diets lead to unsustainable weight loss.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Bodies don't need kick starts like an old dirt bike.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options

Why waste your money? It isn't going to "kickstart" anything.
  • MelMac40
    MelMac40 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    How are you getting on with this? I did it in November. It's not promoted as a weight loss product. It's a 9 day cleanse with weight loss/inch loss being a side effect. It also helps you to refocus on making clean food choices and making fresh meals. I loved it and felt great afterwards. You are not supposed to it more than once every three months though. I lost 6lbs and 26.5cm xx
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    MelMac40 wrote: »
    How are you getting on with this? I did it in November. It's not promoted as a weight loss product. It's a 9 day cleanse with weight loss/inch loss being a side effect. It also helps you to refocus on making clean food choices and making fresh meals. I loved it and felt great afterwards. You are not supposed to it more than once every three months though. I lost 6lbs and 26.5cm xx

Did you keep it off? I did a C9 about a year ago and I finally got down to my goal (at that time) weight and stayed there for at least 6 months (I'm only 3 lbs over now! ) it obviously is calorie restriction but the support with it is actually very healthy and you can eat good amounts of fruit and veg with it. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't pay retail for it but I was at a plateux and needed a little help which it did! And before I get jumped on, I am aware the same thing could be achieved alone it's just easier to have a strict guideline for some people to follow (no caffeine, no refined sugar etc) for a few days. It also kicked the coffee dependency I had slipped into before it!