Shakeology

Options
This morning one of my co-workers kindly gifted me a bag of Shakeology Strawberry!
I've never used the stuff, and tend to shy away from packaged protein powders, but these ingredients seem to line up with my nutritional goals. For those of you familiar with the product: what are your favorite recipes? I'll take any calorie count from snack-sized to meal replacement (for me the latter is about 400-600 cals).
I do make my own smoothies a couple times per week with everything from kale to berries to ground flax, and I own a digital scale, so feel free to get specific.

Replies

• kmsoucy457
    kmsoucy457 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    OK so I noticed that I've gotten some flags and did a quick search. I was not aware that this is one of those voodoo weight loss products...Little scared off now.
    I got this as a hand-me-down and don't plan to follow any diet with it.
    Does anyone know of any reason/ingredient why I should not put this stuff in my body?
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    That sucks about the flags. Shakeology gets a lot of flack here but if you aren't selling it you shouldn't be flagged for it.

People knock it mainly because it is expensive and is sold via MLM scams. You can buy better protein powder for less money at a reputable store. But you got it free so that puts you ahead of the game.

I hope you get some good recipes.

• mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    I've not tried Shakeology, personally, but from my understanding, there's nothing harmful about it. If the ingredients and nutrients fit, go ahead and use what you've been given (I would!) That is, of course, assuming you like the flavor.

As far as recipes, I usually just mix my protein powders with milk and drink.

The only reason I don't/wouldn't use Shakeology is that it is overpriced. I can get other good protein powders for much less.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    The sellers try to come on here and sell it all the time. It's basically a low quality protein powder. It won't harm you at all but it won't do much for you either.

• kdcomstock89
    kdcomstock89 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's anything wrong with Shakeology, I love it. It's not magically by any means but I like it. I have Vegan Chocolate and mix it with coffee which is why I didn't comment with any ideas. Check the beachbody website or pinterest and you'll find a ton of ideas.

The only thing I've heard against Shakeology is that it's too expensive and that Beachbody is a pyramid scheme thing so there's that. I was a coach and hated that it is a pyramid scheme so I stopped. I'm finishing up the shakeology I have and then I'll find something else that's not so expensive. I'm a little sad though I do really enjoy my shakeology and the 21 day fix did wonders for me.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Don't get suckered in this MLM mess and start selling it. Know that you can buy similar things about a billion dollars less at stores like walmart and target.
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I use milk, about 1/2 a banana and strawberry powder in a shake. Strawberry banana is good!
  • kmsoucy457
    Options
    kjm3579 wrote: »
    Thank you for this link. Read and duly noted.
    I had no idea this stuff was so pricey! The guy who gave it to me is the president of the company, so he's not a rep and doesn't have to worry about making money off of the stuff.
    I use milk, about 1/2 a banana and strawberry powder in a shake. Strawberry banana is good!
    I was thinking about a strawberry banana combo. I'll try that, thanks.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I bet the banana protein "pancake" recipes that go around here (like in this thread) would taste great with strawberry protein powder.

I mix protein powders with oatmeal and/or yogurt a lot too when I'm using it (although I prefer bars to powders now.)
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    kmsoucy457 wrote: »
    kjm3579 wrote: »
    Thank you for this link. Read and duly noted.
    I had no idea this stuff was so pricey! The guy who gave it to me is the president of the company, so he's not a rep and doesn't have to worry about making money off of the stuff.
    I was thinking about a strawberry banana combo. I'll try that, thanks.

You received it from Jonathan Congdon?
  • jtolman619
    jtolman619 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I've tried strawberry Shakeology a couple of times. My favorite recipe for it is 8oz of almond milk (or liquid of your choice), 1 cup mixed berries, 1/2 a banana, and ice. I also like the strawberry banana recipe that someone else posted. If you go to shakeology.com you can find more recipes.
  • kmsoucy457
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    You received it from Jonathan Congdon?
    Hahaha. No, sorry about that: of the company that I work for.

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Maybe regional presidents?
  • kmsoucy457
    Options
    Pancakes yasss!
    Thanks, I'll try the website, too.
  • Cheri1218
    Cheri1218 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Search Pinterest. I know there are a ton of recipes. Basically mix it with whatever sounds good. I've noticed when I make my fruit smoothies with a scoop of protein, no matter how much spinach I put in the cup with my fruit, I never taste it. Tricking myself to be healthy. :)
  • the_fit_chef
    the_fit_chef Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The first thing people get wrong about Shakeo is they think it's a protein shake when in fact it's meant to be a health shake.
    I drink it everyday.
    My favourite way to prepare it is with unsweetened almond milk and a frozen banana blended until smooth.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Its low quality junk. Don't waste your time
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Its low quality junk. Don't waste your time

Yup.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    The first thing people get wrong about Shakeo is they think it's a protein shake when in fact it's meant to be a health shake.
    I drink it everyday.
    My favourite way to prepare it is with unsweetened almond milk and a frozen banana blended until smooth.

Full of "superfoods"?