Could Not Finish Workout

Options
This morning, I began hopefully a new trend of getting my workout in right when I get up in the morning. I do a variety of DVD workouts on my non-run days. I got about halfway through this morning's workout and suddenly felt very dizzy and nauseated. I sat down for a minute but it didn't go away. I sipped on some water but didn't feel I could finish. It's been a half hour and I still feel lightheaded.

Now in the summer time, I can get right up, have a cup of coffee, and go for a 5-7 mile run first thing in the AM. So I don't really get this. I have been overtired lately and am finishing up my final week of working on-and-off overnights. That's been killing me. But there have been no changes in my eating or calorie level. I'm at about 1500 these days; 5-10, 148 lbs. I'm on a break from serious running training but wanted to start that back up again soon. Hopefully this is just a one-time thing or maybe a bug. :-(

Replies

• amandadunwoody
    amandadunwoody Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Your work schedule sounds like it would affect your quantity/quality of sleep. You said your overtired, it sounds like that could be the issue. If you are concerned that there is a medical cause you should call your doctor or local nurse line. Otherwise, it sounds like just what you said. You are overtired and you won't do much good by pushing yourself in this condition.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    Hungry? a small snack needed before bed if you are working out before breakfast? and the longshot Pregnant?
  • rosey35
    rosey35 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    1500 doesn't seem like a lot of calories, ditto snack before bed.
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Pay attention to not over hydrate. I looked at your sodium count from yesterday and its maybe 50% which can be fine and dandy. (Most often those numbers are not entered in on food entries.) However, if you're sweating you're extracting the sodium and potassium your nervous system needs to function. Drinking plain water will flush out more salts, too. Next time you workout make sure you have a source of electrolytes. I've done tomato juice, straight salt water, coconut water and sport drinks.
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    I had a peek at your diary - your goal is set at 1500, but you've only been logging about 1000 calories. Eat more.
  • Equus5374
    Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I don't finish my diaries; I have been using them as a guide. I usually log breakfast and lunch so I know how much I have left for dinner, and while I weigh and measure my dinner choices, I usually don't log them. I don't feel the need to have MFP tell me "if every day were like today..." But rest assured I do weigh and measure, quite religiously! I'm actually going over my calories about three times/week. I'm only at 1500 until I pick up my running training again.

I'm thinking this may be a bug; it's 2pm now and I still feel lousy, have no appetite, and am lightheaded. But, off to work I go for another 16 hour/overnight. That's the problem with working on an ambulance; you can't just call in sick, the shift has to be covered.
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    That sounds like an active job, too - and it doesn't appear that you're eating back your exercise calories, either.

If you don't "complete" your day, MFP won't tell you "if every day were like today..." but you could still log your dinner, so that the sleuths on the boards could let you know where they think you're going wrong when you ask for advice.

If you think you might just be catching a cold, take a few rest days and then try getting back to it. If that doesn't seem to do the trick, consider eating a bit more.