I give up :(

Options

Replies

• vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    I don't eat sweets like that. It was just last night, except the Pringles though. I work overnight so I don't know when it's a good time to eat, and umm I don't really know how to cook so I just eat what my husband cooks. It's usually not healthy food, or I just eat out.
    It's not easy to cut back on calories, maybe it is for you guys but not me

All I have seen is excuses. I actually stopped reading the thread because of it. Do you honestly think it was easy for any of us to start? We all had to start somewhere, with a lot of set backs. I will repeat the sentiments of others. You have two choices: stay fat, or stop making excuses and take responsibility over yourself. Until you do that, there will be no change.

• Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    OP, I'm not trying to be harsh or disrespectful, but I'm not really sure what you are looking for posting this thread.

If you are looking for someone to tell you that you're right, I think you're in the wrong place.

I have been at this on and off for many years. I have lost 77 pounds and I still have 110 to go. I weigh ALL my food with a food scale (which you can get at most stores for under $20), I log everything I eat, I work out with a personal trainer 3 times a week and I do cardio on my own 5-6 days a week. I educated myself about the food I eat.

I cook once a week and pre-pack all my breakfast and lunches for the week. I pre log everyday.

Honestly, this has been the hardest thing I've done, and there have been times where I wanted to give up. I didn't because I am the only person that can change me.

I wish you luck in whatever you decide.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I don't eat sweets like that. It was just last night, except the Pringles though. I work overnight so I don't know when it's a good time to eat, and umm I don't really know how to cook so I just eat what my husband cooks. It's usually not healthy food, or I just eat out.

It's not easy for anybody. Those of us who have succeeded have been determined to overcome obstacles and stuck with it until we figured out what worked.
  • TheLittleRedHairedGirl
    TheLittleRedHairedGirl Posts: 154 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I've been at this for 10 days. I log every thing, the good and the bad. I see where I can make adjustments and where I've done good. Don't give up on yourself. It takes about 21 days to form a habit (and break one). Give yourself at least that long, but fully commit to it. If at the end you still want to quit, then so be it, but I think you'll feel so much better. Eat protein, bulk up on veggies, have some dairy like ff greek yogurt or an ounce of cheese, even incorporate some snacky foods if you want, just log them and see where your calories and nutrition fall. Oh, and don't forget to drink water!

When I crave sweets, and I have a HUGE sweet tooth, I suck on sugar free candies or have about 5 MikeandIkes. I've found that what I'm really craving is the flavor of foods and not the foods themselves. I have a hard time late in the afternoon and after dinner with wanting to snack. I crave crunchy things before dinner and sweet things after dinner. Peperidge farm makes a wheat cracker that is (according to MFP) 47 calories for 5 crackers. So I incorporate that. After dinner I have a sugar free pudding and some candies or 1 small square of fudge (left overs from holiday baking).

I guess to sum up what I'm trying to say is, don't give up on you, not this soon. You're worth the effort. Just find a way to make it work for you, because it can. I have 119 lbs to go and I've lost 13. Feel free to add me as I try to give support and motivation where I can and you sound like you could use a friend. Either way, good luck to you on your journey.

One more thing to add... Since when did weighing 155lbs become 'fat'?
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Here are some tips that could help.
    Pre prepare- example I make egg muffin cups, I scramble eggs put all the veggies and a little cheese I like in them and bake them in a muffin tin. BOOM breakfast all week, and you can even freeze them,this also makes it easier to log initially. Take the time to find things that you can easily make ahead. Start with small changes. If there is a food you love to snack on, like pizza find a healthier way to make it, I just made zuchinni crust pizza loaded with my favorite veggies, anyone can follow instructions so saying you can't cook isn't an excuse and it gets easier as you go. I eat as much as I like because I don't eat junk food, just healthy versions of it, so I don't feel too cheated. Your palate will change and eventually you will be even more satisfied with healthier things. DON"T eat healthy things you hate, that's torture and sending yourself the wrong message. Also for me I can control myself better during the day I am a night snacker, so I save the bulk of my calories until the end of the day, I eat light lunches. Eating regularly is a topic up for debate but you have to do what works for you, there are a million paths to get to your destination. Just take time get to know yourself, you are making a lifestyle change it will be an uphill battle, but a lot of people do it everyday, so can you. Most importantly STOP making excuses, figure out how to make things work and be accountable, you have a bad day, so what it happens, what makes the difference is how fast you jump back up on the wagon, minimize the damage. Good Luck!
  • sault_girl
    sault_girl Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    OP, let's break this down into steps. For the next week, just focus on getting a food scale and figuring out how to log everything you eat. Don't worry about how many calories you are eating, just get into the habit of measuring everything and logging everything. Don't worry about what your bathroom scale says at this point. Just take a week to get into the habit of keeping track of everything, so we can all take a look at it and help you from there.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    It looks like the OP has not been engaged in the thread for a while. I'm saddened. I wish it were so easy that after two weeks, there would be such a significant change as she wanted. Some day, I hope she realizes all of our comments are to help her.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    It looks like the OP has not been engaged in the thread for a while. I'm saddened. I wish it were so easy that after two weeks, there would be such a significant change as she wanted. Some day, I hope she realizes all of our comments are to help her.

That usually happens here especially when sensible advice is given.
  • VeryCarrie6969
    VeryCarrie6969 Posts: 61 Member
    Options

It's not easy for us either! Who do you think is on here? Ordinary people, that's who! We have jobs, kids, grandkids, and homes to tend. If you're ready to commit, we can give you encouragement but you'll need to give yourself that daily kick in the *kitten* to keep going. Join us when you're ready; we'll be here working our butts off!
  • camdoyle8906
    camdoyle8906 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have also heard that things containing high amounts of saturated fat can make you more hungry quickly. Substituting some of those items for apples or carrots can go a long way. I've found that drinking more water helps fight the cravings too. Carrying a water bottle works for me
  • ldowdesw
    ldowdesw Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Google some low calorie recipes and try to cook them! If hubby dosnt like them, let him cook his own, he's an adult! If you give up you'll be like kicking yourself in 4 weeks knowing that if you'd stuck with it, you could of lost 8lbs!!!! Give up? you will probably be +8lbs in a few weeks.. Keep going, I dare you ;)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    okay.

if youd rather be fat and unhappy and have possible health problems.... thats your choice.

the rest of us have put in years of work, and dedication, and patience, and achieved some pretty amazing results.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    When you give up giving up and are ready to try properly do come back and read the stickies

Nobody said it was easy

Maybe being overweight is easier for you

But finally at the other side of that equation I have to say, categorically, it isn't better
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    When you give up giving up and are ready to try properly do come back and read the stickies

Nobody said it was easy

Maybe being overweight is easier for you

But finally at the other side of that equation I have to say, categorically, it isn't better

you are always so much nicer than i am LOLOLOLOL :P
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Not always ;)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Not always ;)

well, okay. fair enough. LOL :P
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Options
    Some people say, "Pick your hard." They mean weight loss is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick which you would rather deal with.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Look - you dont have to exercise to lose weight. I am living breathing walking proof. I was told back in October that I needed to lose weight before knee surgery, so up to now, I have lost 45 lbs, just doing EXACTLY what you have been told to do - plan your meals, shop appropriately, cook for yourself, weigh accurately, count calories etc. Intake must be less than output to make a difference. I know you are only human. We all are. And I bet every single one of us here has had good days and bad days. You wouldnt throw in the towel on your marriage for one lousy day, yet you are ready to throw it in on your LIFE after one lousy day? nonononono....thats not a good plan.

The truth is either you take some advice and get your poop in a group or you dont - its entirely up to you. But I guarantee that if you dont, you will end up hating yourself for it, feel worthless and pathetic, and will gain more weight. AND complain that you tried "but nothing works".

But if you DO pull it together, you have all these great folks cheering you on, and a great tool with MFP with the calorie info, the daily logs etc - most everything you need to be successful. You will feel SO great!! And proud of yourself!!

It really is all in your hands now - good luck!!
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Wow! Two whole weeks!
    Cmon... get back on that horse & cowgirl up hon.
  • BuddhaB0y
    BuddhaB0y Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    This is just a sooky poor me give me attention post. Looks like it succeeded